Controlled Substances

Any faculty member requesting, possessing, or using any controlled substance in research or teaching must be registered with Comparative Medicine using a Certification of Research Personnel Using Controlled Substances form, which has to be renewed every two years or more often if substantial changes occur.

Registrants must identify the lab members having access to these drugs in the aforementioned form and the controlled substance(s) used in an approved IACUC protocol. CM will send the renewal notice to each PI every two years. The PI is responsible for lawful usage, storage, administration to the animal(s) and recordkeeping.