The Aquatic Animal Health Laboratory hosts a histology laboratory that provides routine services and can be accessed by FAU and external researchers on a fee-for-use basis.
Facility & Equipment
The AAHL Histology Laboratory is located at FAU Harbor Branch in room 105F of the Marine Science Lab II building.
- Shandon Excelsior ES Tissue Processor
- Thermo Scientific Histostar Embedding Station
- HM 355 S-2 Rotary Microtome
- Leica Autostainer XL
- Olympus CX40 microscope
- Lumenara Infinity 2 camera and software
Services & Facility Use
- Routine tissue processing, embedding and sectioning of paraffin samples
- Routine histological staining (H & E)
- Special staining on request
- Consultation and training for all histological procedures
Use of histology equipment may be scheduled by contacting Dr. Susan Laramore. All users are required to complete an initial equipment orientation.
Dr. Susan Laramore