Explore Our Paralegal Certificate Program
Join FAU’s distinguished Paralegal Certificate Program and prepare for a career that is projected by the Department of Labor to grow faster than the average for all occupations through 2031.
FAU’s program was planned for you!
- Each course meets online via Zoom once per week from 7-10PM for a live class session. All other course material can be viewed at your convenience
- The convenience of an online program while still providing opportunities to network and engage with faculty, peers and the legal community
- Full-time or part-time enrollment
- Courses taught by practicing attorneys
- Manageable tuition payments: Course fees are charged at the time of registration for each individual class
- Many of our graduates go on to become certified with the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
A paralegal is a person qualified by education, training or work experience who is employed or retained by a lawyer, law office, corporation, governmental agency or other entity to perform specifically delegated substantive legal work for which a lawyer is responsible.
The program consists of 375 contact hours of legal education and is comprised of twelve courses. You may enroll in one course at a time, or to be considered a full-time student, enroll in three (3) courses at a time – each offered on a different day of the week. Full-time enrollment will enable you to complete the Paralegal Certificate program within a single calendar year.
Introduction to Law is a prerequisite for all courses and is offered twice a year. To see how the program progresses, click on the “Course Schedules” dropdown in the left navigation menu.
We offer manageable, pay-as-you-go tuition payments payable in full at the time of registration for each class. Note: You must be registered and paid in full for your selected courses no later than one week before classes begin.
To apply for admission, students must:
- Complete application form.
- Pay $50.00 application fee. Waived for current students.
- Pay $175.00 LexisNexis fee.
- Please upload your highest-received diploma and current resume in the Self-Service Center.
FAU welcomes transfer students and will evaluate and consider waivers of course work.
An official transcript from previous post-secondary educational trainings will be evaluated. Courses may be accepted, waiving certain requirements within our program.
To cancel your registration, you must notify the Legal Studies office at email@example.com at least 48 hours before the course begins. Full refunds (minus a $20 processing fee for each course) will be given only in situations when the office has been notified accordingly. No refunds will be given after the first week of classes.
Florida Atlantic University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course within the legal nurse consultant program with insufficient enrollment, or for reasons beyond our control. In either case, a full refund of fees and/or tuition fee for the course(s) will be made. Please allow approximately 15-business day to make such refund, and while we will expedite your refund, we must verify first your payment, confirmation of the pertaining records and administrative review and approval before a full refund is made.
If you find you have additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application!