Explore Our Paralegal Certificate Program
Join FAU’s distinguished Paralegal Certificate Program and prepare for a career that is projected by the Department of Labor to grow faster than the average for all occupations through 2022.
FAU’s program was planned for you!
- Each course meets online via Zoom once per week from 7-10PM for a live class session. All other course material can be viewed at your convenience
- The convenience of an online program while still providing opportunities to network and engage with faculty, peers and the legal community
- Full-time or part-time enrollment
- Courses taught by practicing attorneys
- Manageable tuition payments: Course fees are charged at the time of registration for each individual class
- Many of our graduates go on to become certified with the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)
About the Program
A paralegal is a person qualified by education, training or work experience who is employed or retained by a lawyer, law office, corporation, governmental agency or other entity to perform specifically delegated substantive legal work for which a lawyer is responsible.
The program consists of 375 contact hours of legal education and is comprised of twelve courses. Attend classes three nights a week and complete the program in one year.
Introduction to Law is a prerequisite for all courses and is offered twice a year.
We offer manageable, pay-as-you-go tuition payments payable in full at the time of registration for each class. You may take one course at a time, or if you want to be considered a full-time student, you must take three (3) at the same time (3-days a week).
Transfer Student Information
FAU welcomes transfer students and will evaluate and consider waivers of course work.
An official transcript from previous post-secondary educational trainings will be evaluated. Courses may be accepted, waiving certain requirements within our program.
Florida Atlantic University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any course within the paralegal program with insufficient enrollment, or for reasons beyond our control. In either case, a full refund of fees and/or tuition fee for the course(s) will be made. Please allow approximately 15-business day to make such refund, and while we will expedite your refund, we must verify first your payment, confirmation of the pertaining records and administrative review and approval before a full refund is made.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.