Medical Surveillance Program - SHS*
*If an alternative provider to SHS is preferred, click here.
Steps to participate in the Occupational Health Program (all steps must be completed)
STEP 1: Fill out all required forms
- Meet with your supervisor to complete the Initial Risk Assessment Form based upon your job activities and save the form electronically to your computer.
- If your work will require the use of a respirator complete this FAU Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire and save electronically to your computer.
- If your work will require scientific diving, go to the Diving Safety Website to begin the approval process; save all medical evaluation forms electronically to your computer.
- If your work will require contact with research animals, go to the Animal Research Medical Monitoring Page to complete your animal contact form in BioRaft.
STEP 2: Complete intake process with SHS
- Once all appropriate forms are completed, go to www.fau.edu/shs/occ-health-intake begin the intake process with Student Health Services and upload all forms.
STEP 3: Schedule and attend your medical evaluation appointment
- Within 2 business days of submission, you will be contacted by SHS to schedule an appointment.
STEP 4: Receive notification regarding your clearance status
- SHS notifies worker of clearance status following evaluation.
STEP 5: Keep your medical surveillance current
- Renewals are required, frequency is based on the program.
For questions or to learn more about the Occupational Health programs at FAU, please contact the FAU Biological Safety Officer at email@example.com.