FAU HIGH SCHOOL
FAU High School Welcome
Welcome FAU High School OWLS! Florida Atlantic University is proud to educate such high achieving students on our Boca Raton campus through our public, dual enrollment high school. FAU High School offers advanced coursework and classroom settings in which students are able to participate and excel. Upon graduation from FAU High, we encourage students to continue their college career as OWLs in one of our many exceptional scholar programs.
Florida Atlantic University is an exciting and dynamic national public research university with several state-of-the-art campuses and sites strategically located along more than 110 miles of the beautiful southeast Florida coastline.
FAU is a first-choice university for excellence in undergraduate education and student experience, visionary and globally relevant research, and transformative engagement with its global communities.
FAU's commitment to excellence is evidenced by our outstanding academic programs, innovative research and mentorship opportunities, and one of the nation's most diverse student bodies of more than 30,000 students.
FAU High School students benefit from consideration for Early Admission into Florida Atlantic University upon completion of their junior year. Once accepted, students begin classes at FAU as freshmen rather than attending their senior year of high school.
To be considered for Freshman Early Admissions, you must meet the minimum requirements and apply by May 1st of your junior year.
Freshman Early Admissions Profile
|SAT (all three sections)||1800|
|rSAT (both sections)||1290|
Discover how you can Become an Owl today!
Academic and Leadership opportunities available to FAU High School Students
- Academic Advising from FAU High School and University Advising Services
- Priority consideration for the University Honors Program, Honors in the Major and/or Wilkes Honors College
- Coordination of Internship Opportunities
- Experience Undergraduate Research
- Priority consideration to the Medical Pipelines Program
- Explore research opportunities with the FAU Max Planck Honors Program
- Participate in leadership and service opportunities through the Weppner Center for LEAD and Service Learning
Florida Atlantic University Scholarships
Students will be awarded a competitive scholarship package toward the completion of a bachelor’s degree at FAU. Awards may vary depending on GPA, test scores and the FAFSA. The package may consist of a combination of the following awards, in conjunction with other opportunities based on eligibility:
Bright Futures Scholarship (eligibility is required)
Students awarded with the Florida Academic Scholars (FAS) or the Florida Medallion Scholars (FMS) earning a bachelor’s degree in seven semesters or fewer (or the equivalent in credit hours) may receive funding for one term of graduate study, not to exceed 15 semester hours, paid at the undergraduate rate.
Spirit of the Atlantic (eligibility is required)
- Up to $1,000, disbursed in two increments - $500 in fall and $500 in spring, with renewal for up to 4 years total, if meeting renewal requirements
- Maximum cumulative award up to $4,000 total, disbursed over 8 semesters
- Enroll at FAU for a minimum of 15 credits in fall and 15 credits in spring*
- Complete a minimum of 15 credits in fall and 15 credits in spring at FAU*
Merit-based scholarships can be upgraded based on academic profile and availability. All scholarships are renewable up to four years based on academic achievement. A list of additional Undergraduate Admissions scholarships can be found here.
The University offers combined bachelor's to master's degrees, which allow you to take graduate courses in your senior year that count towards your master's degree. In some areas, you can earn a master's in only one year beyond your bachelors. Bright Futures recipients may be eligible to receive funding for one term of graduate study at the undergraduate rate.
Colleges Offering Combined Bachelor's and Master's Degrees:
- Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters
- College of Business
- College for Design and Social Inquiry
- College of Education
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
Questions? We give a HOOT!
We work one-on-one with our FAU High School students and parents/guardians. Feel free to contact us!
Phone: 561-297-3040 or FAUScholarsprogram@fau.edu