How to use the Pre-Health Professions Office
Step 1 (Sophomore year)
Step 2 (Junior Year Fall-Spring)
- After you complete the appropriate coursework, review for the admissions exam (MCAT, DAT, GRE).
- Sign up for the exam online 4-6 months in advance.
- Take the exam (April/May).
Step 3 (Junior Year Spring)
- In the spring term before the summer you will be submitting the applications:
Request 3 letters of Evaluation through Pre-Health Professions Office
All letters should be submitted to email@example.com by the letter offer
- Science Faculty (2 letters)
- Research PI (or another science faculty member)
- Health Care Professional (MD, DO, DMD, DVM)
Step 4 (Junior Year: June)
- Submit the centralized application (AMCAS, AACOMAS, AADSAS, VMCAS)
- Send them your official transcripts as early as possible (May/June).
- After you receive your exam score (MCAT, DAT, GRE), submit the request for a Pre-Health Professions Committee interview and Committee letter of evaluation through the Pre-Health Professions office
- If the request is approved, you will be contacted by this office to schedule the date and time.
- Interview with the Pre-Health Professions Committee and then, once your evaluation is completed…
- The Pre-Health office will send out a letter packet to the schools including your committee letter.
- Please note, the Pre-Health office will no longer upload letters of recommendation. Make sure that you provide the individuals writing your Letters of Recommendation with proper uploading procedures for your program.
- Let us know where you get invited to interview and where you get accepted
- Your picture will go up on the WALL OF FAME!
- Attend the Future Doctors Reception (FDR) at the end of the spring semester.