WHAT WE DO
We review an investigator’s research question(s), draft statistical methods and sample size sections for a research protocol, oversee and/or manage the integrity of data collected, conduct statistical analyses, interpret results, write methodology and results sections of manuscripts, collaborate on grant applications, and provide training to investigators.
More specifically, we:
- Collaborate on writing grant applications and analysis of pilot data;
- Design cross-sectional, cohort, observational studies, clinical trials and translational research studies;
- Review literature regarding reliability, bias, confounding factors, effect modifiers, and sample size estimates;
- Conduct power analyses to derive sample sizes;
- Provide tailored randomization schemes;
- Draft statistical methodology and results sections, with graphics for model assumptions and findings;
- Implement data management procedures to insure data validity and security;
- Perform analyses: descriptive, multiple linear/logistic, hierarchical, single/multi-event survival models;
- Analyze large government, clinical, and claims databases;
- Design case report forms for prospective studies;
- Conduct pharmaco-economic studies to analyze healthcare economic outcomes;
- Carry out meta-analyses including systematic literature reviews;
- Collaborate on presentations and manuscripts for publication using evidence-based findings;
- Conduct workshops in biostatistics, epidemiology and qualitative research methods.
To request assistance from the Biostatistics Collaborative Core, please fill out this form.