Michael Lu, Ph.D.
Michael Lu, Ph.D., is an associate professor of biomedical science.
- 1972: Intern, Infectious Disease, Veterinary Hospital, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- 1981: Resident, Veterinary Hospital, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- 1982: B.V.M., National Taiwan University, R.O.C.
- 1988: Ph.D., Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- 2006- Present: Associate Professor, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- 1992-2006: Director, Urologic Oncology Research, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- 1994-2006: Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School
- 1992-1994: Instructor, Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School
- 1989-1990: Research Fellow, Neuromuscular Disease, Muscular Dystrophy Association
- 1988-1990: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Pathology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School
- Jean-Philippe, J., Paz, S., Lu, M.L., Caputi, M. (2014). A truncated hnRNP A1 isoform, lacking the RGG-box RNA binding domain, can efficiently regulate HIV-1 splicing and replication. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1839(4), 251-8.
- Wang H, McNight NC, Zhang T, Lu ML, Balk SP and Yuan X SOX9 is Expressed in normal prostate basal cells and regulates androgen receptor expression in prostate cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2007; In Press
- Yuan X, Li T, Wang H, Zhang T, Barua M, Borgesi RA, Buble GJ, Lu ML and Balk SP Androgen receptor remains critical for cell cycle progression in androgen independent CWR22 prostate cancer cells. Am. J. Path. 2006; 169: 682-696
- Jia Z, Zhang A, Barbier L, Vadnais J, Noel J, Lu ML and. Nabi IR. Autocrine c- Met/HGF-R activation of localized Rho/ROCK/p38 MAP kinase signaling directs the protrusion of tumour cell pseudopodia. Biol. Cell 2006; 96:337-351
- Freeman MR, Cinar B and Lu ML. Membrane rafts as potential sites of nongenomic hormonal signaling in prostate cancer. Trens Endocrin. Metabol. 2005, 16:273-279
- Kaur R, Liu X, Gjoerup O, Zhang A, Balk SP, Yuan X, Schneider MC and Lu ML. Activation of p21 Activated Kinase (PAK6) by MAP kinase kinase 6 and p38 MAP kinase. J. Biol. Chem. 2005; 280:3323-3330.
- Mukhopadhyay NK, Gilchrist D, Gordon GJ, Chen C-J, Bueno R, Lu ML, Salgia R, Sugarbaker DJ, Jaklitsh MT. Integrin Dependent Protein Tyrosine Phosphorylation is a Key Regulatory Event in Collagen IV Mediated Adhesion and Proliferation of Human Ling Tumor Cell Line, Calu-1. Thor.Surgery 2004; 78:450-457.
- Wilbur A, O Connor TP, Lu ML, Schneider MC. DNASE1L3 Deficiency in Lupusprone MRL and NZB/W F1 Mice. Clin Exp Immunol 2003; 134:46-52.
- Hormone-regulated signal transduction
- Tumor metastasis
- Cell growth regulation