Resumes and Cover Letters
Preparing a dynamic résumé and cover letter is the first step in helping prepare yourself for your job and internship search. Once you have created your résumé and cover letter, schedule an appointment with the Career Center or visit virtual drop-in career coaching.
Drop-In Career Coaching Hours:
- Virtual: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.., click "Chat Now With a Career Consultant" at the bottom right of the page.
- In- Person: Monday - Thursday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. & Fridays 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Career Center Boca Raton campus.
- For a list of additional times and location visit, https://www.fau.edu/career/students/.
Alternatively, you can upload your résumé for a virtual résumé critique through Handshake:
Watch this short video or see below.
- Step 1: Sign in to Handshake using your FAU net ID and password
- Step 2: If this is your first time signing in, activate your account and answer the questions
- Step 3: On the home page, click on your name in the upper right corner and then click on “Documents”
- Step 4: Click on the “Add New Document" button
- Step 5: Click on “Choose File” and upload your Resume as a .doc or .pdf file then click “Save”
PLEASE SELECT THE COLLEGES BELOW TO VIEW/DOWNLOAD SAMPLE RESUMES
PLEASE SELECT TO VIEW/DOWNLOAD SAMPLE COVER LETTERS