Having difficulty running Fit-First Year for Student Success modules? Remember not to have other programs (iTunes, YouTube, etc.) running while accessing the modules. Otherwise, if the modules don't seem to be working, try the following:
For Kick-Off Your Future
- Canvas recommends using Chrome whenever using their site for best performance.
- For Canvas issues, please review this Canvas FAQ site.
- You can also contact the FAU Help Desk.
- The Career Module (CM) Registration hold will be placed on a student’s account after the drop/add period of a student's first semester if the Kick-Off Your Future requirements have not been met. This hold will prevent the student from registering for the next semester’s courses. Once the requirements have been met, the hold will be removed automatically. The Career Center does not have the ability to lift this hold for students. To avoid having a hold placed or to have a hold lifted, students must complete the Kick-Off Your Future Canvas module which includes:
- This module is offered through the FAU Career Center. More information may be found on the Career Services website.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have already completed the module, you're able to log back in and review all the information listed should you need to refer back to it.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com and include "Kick Off Your Future" in the subject line.
For De-Stress Success (TAO Connect)
- If you are having technical issues or have any questions regarding the TAO platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- TAO is mobile friendly and can be accessed either via your favorite web browser or in the TAO app in the Android and Apple app stores.
For AlcoholEdu for College and Sexual Assault Prevention
If you experience technical difficulties with AlcoholEdu for College and Sexual Assault Prevention trainings the Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For support, click the "Help" button in the upper-right corner of any active window in the course or call 1-866-384-9062. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the help site.
If you are having problems viewing AlcoholEdu for College (slides out of sync with the audio or long pauses while the audio/video clips load), this is usually due to functional bandwidth limitations – heavy network traffic on their computer's connection to the Internet – or to specific problems with a certain media player. Try the following:
- Ensure that you are using our minimum system requirements (Flash 7.0 or later and IE,Firefox or Safari).
- Select "Audio" for the Media Option from the Course Settings.
- Close all other applications and tabs (i.e. iTunes, Facebook, YouTube) and do not have CDs or DVDs playing on the computer while viewing the course.
- Switch browsers, but be sure to use another supported browser (IE, Firefox or Chrome).
- Reboot your computer.
- Uninstall and re-download the latest version of Flash.
- Disable all pop-up blockers and third-party toolbars.
- If using wireless, connect directly to the Internet for a faster connection.
- Try accessing the course from a different Internet connection, preferably high speed (i.e. computer lab or library). Other areas of the campus network may provide improved bandwidth or a particular machine may be infected with a bandwidth-consuming virus.
- Try accessing the course at a different time of day (during non-peak hours, i.e. morning).
- The Campus SaVE Act (CS) registration hold has been placed on your account for the next semester and will be resolved automatically an hour after you complete the Sexual Assault Prevention module. The registration hold will not impact your ability to drop, add, or withdraw from courses for the current semester, but it will impact your ability to register for the next semester.
- The modules are managed by the FAU Office of Owls Care Health Promotion.
For Hazing Prevention 101 ™
Support Contact: http://support.prevent.zone/#/preventzone.