Why Kick-Off Your Future Today?
The Kick-Off Your Future Canvas training module is designed to give FAU students a great foundation to build toward their futures. Within this course, students will find many benefits, including:
- An understanding of their personal values, interests, and skills and how these relate to academic majors and careers.
- An understanding of the academic & the career readiness skills requirements.
- An increased awareness of employment opportunities & wage prospects for each major.
- An understanding of all the critical career readiness resources at the FAU Career Center.
Requirements and Hold:
As required by Florida House Bill 1261, a hold will be placed on a student’s account after the drop/add period of a student's first semester if the Kick-Off Your Future requirements have not been met. This hold will prevent the student from registering for the next semester’s courses. Once the requirements have been met, the hold will be removed automatically. The Career Center does not have the ability to lift this hold for students. To avoid having a hold placed or to have a hold lifted, students must complete the Kick-Off Your Future Canvas module which includes:
- Completing Major Knowledge that links to FAU majors, occupations, and salary data.
- Register with the FAU Career Center by claiming your Handshake account.
- Complete your Handshake account.
- Complete the Kick-off Your Future career readiness training module. You can self-enroll by clicking here.
- Be directed to MyFloridaFuture to learn about wage perspectives by FAU majors 1, 5, and 10 years post-graduation.
- Affirm awareness of your selected major’s employment and wage prospects. The affirmation is completed within the Kick-off Your Future career readiness training module.
How to Self-Enroll in the Kick-Off Your Future Canvas Training Course
As an FAU student, you can self-enroll in the course by clicking the link below: https://canvas.fau.edu/enroll/CX376N and following the login instructions
Kick-Off Your Future is your introduction to the career planning process and it will help you build toward your career goals and future. During the 2021 legislative session, Florida House Bill 1261 was passed, requiring each State University in FL to adopt procedures to connect undergraduate students to their Career Centers for career education and planning. The goal is to help FAU students make an informed decision about their intended major and best understand the career pathways and salary potentials. Kick-Off Your Future will connect FAU students to the Career Center in a meaningful way and our goal is to connect FAU students with high-quality career information to allow them to have success at FAU and beyond.
MY FIRST SEMESTER AT FAU WAS IN THE FALL.
- For students who first enrolled and started taking classes in the Fall, you have until the 4 weeks after drop/add. To ensure that you can register on time for the spring semester, you will need to complete Kick Off Your Future prior to your registration time opening.
MY FIRST SEMESTER AT FAU WAS IN THE SPRING.
- For students who first enrolled and started taking classes in the Spring, you have until 4 weeks after drop/add before a hold is placed on your account. To ensure that you can register on time for your Summer/Fall semesters, you will need to complete Kick Off Your Future prior to your registration time opening.
MY FIRST SEMESTER AT FAU WAS IN THE SUMMER.
- For students who first enrolled and started taking classes in the Summer, you have until the 4 weeks after drop/add in the Fall semester. To ensure that you can register on time for the Spring semester, you will need to complete Kick Off Your Future prior to your registration time opening.
Kick-Off Your Future and meeting the requirements to avoid having a hold placed or lifted should take approx. 60-90 minutes. This will vary from student to student, and some students may choose to explore the information and resources in various sections in greater detail or longer than others.
- Canvas recommends using Chrome whenever using their site for best performance
- For Canvas issues, please review this Canvas FAQ site
- You can also contact the FAU Help Desk.