Notice About CM Holds
Once you complete Kick Off Your Future, your CM hold will be lifted within 24 hours.
If you need the hold lifted sooner to register for classes, please email email@example.com with the subject line "Kick Off Your Future"
What is Kick Off Your Future?
Kick Off Your Future Career Readiness Module is your introduction to the career planning process, and it will help you build toward your future by understanding your career pathways and salary potential. Within this module, you will find many benefits, including:
- An understanding of their personal values, interests, and skills and how these relate to academic majors and careers.
- An understanding of the academic & the career readiness skills requirements.
- An increased awareness of employment opportunities & wage prospects for each major.
- An understanding of all the critical career readiness resources at the FAU Career Center.
To enroll in the course, please click this link: https://canvas.fau.edu/enroll/CX376N
Requirements and Hold:
As required by Florida House Bill 1261, a hold will be placed on a student’s account within a student's first semester if the Kick Off Your Future requirements have not been met. This hold will prevent the student from registering for the next semester’s courses. Once the requirements have been met, the hold will be removed automatically within 24 hours. To avoid having a hold placed or to have a hold lifted, students must complete the Kick Off Your Future Canvas module which includes:
- Completing Major Knowledge that links to FAU majors, occupations, and salary data.
- Register with the FAU Career Center by claiming your Handshake account.
- Complete your Handshake account.
- Complete the Kick Off Your Future career readiness training module. You can self-enroll by clicking here.
- Be directed to MyFloridaFuture to learn about wage perspectives by FAU majors 1, 5, and 10 years post-graduation.
- Affirm awareness of your selected major’s employment and wage prospects. The affirmation is completed within the Kick Off Your Future career readiness training module.
How to Self-Enroll in the Kick Off Your Future Canvas Training Course
As an FAU student, you can self-enroll in the course by clicking the link below: https://canvas.fau.edu/courses/112242
Kick Off Your Future is your introduction to the career planning process and it will help you build toward your career goals and future. During the 2021 legislative session, Florida House Bill 1261 was passed, requiring each State University in FL to adopt procedures to connect undergraduate students to their Career Centers for career education and planning. The goal is to help FAU students make an informed decision about their intended major and best understand the career pathways and salary potentials. Kick Off Your Future will connect FAU students to the Career Center in a meaningful way and our goal is to connect FAU students with high-quality career information to allow them to have success at FAU and beyond.
MY FIRST SEMESTER AT FAU IS IN THE SUMMER/FALL.
- For students who first enrolled and start taking classes in the Summer or Fall 2023, you have until August 30th before a hold is placed on your account. To ensure that you can register on time for the spring semester, you will need to complete Kick Off Your Future prior to your registration time opening.
MY FIRST SEMESTER AT FAU IS IN THE SPRING.
- For students who first enrolled and start taking classes in the Spring 2023, you have until January 30th before a hold is placed on your account. To ensure that you can register on time for your Summer/Fall semesters, you will need to complete Kick Off Your Future prior to your registration time opening.
Kick Off Your Future and meeting the requirements should take approx. 30 minutes. This will vary from student to student, and some students may choose to explore the information and resources in various sections in greater detail or longer than others. Once completed the hold should be removed within 24 hours.
- Canvas recommends using Chrome whenever using their site for best performance
- We recommend completing this on a desktop/laptop to avoid any issues.
- If you think you have completed the requirement, but are still getting notifications to complete it, be sure that you navigate through all 8 pages of the module. On the last page, you will see a green button that takes you to a one question survey. Once you submit that you have completed Kick Off Your Future.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Kick Off Your Future" for any additional questions.