The Florida Atlantic University Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (CE), and Electrical Engineering (EE) degrees are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (CS) degree is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, abet.org.
Broward College and Palm Beach State College are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Broward College or Palm Beach State College. The Commission should be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support an institution's non-compliance with an accreditation requirement or standard.
The student outcomes of the undergraduate programs in CE, EE and CS are designed to achieve the following program goals required by ABET:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- An ability to apply design and development principles in conducting experiments, analyzing results, and construction of hardware or software systems of varying complexity
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, engineering or computer science theory in the modeling and design of a system, component, or program to meet desired needs with realistic constraints and tradeoffs
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Sample Student Projects
NeRDS - Nearby Robotic
Pool Control System