Diversity Committee Resources and Links
- Learn American English: http://www.learnamericanenglishonline.com/
- Anglo Link: http://www.anglo-link.com/index.php?/home
- English with Jennifer: http://englishwithjennifer.com/
- JenniferESL: https://www.youtube.com/user/JenniferESL
- Grammar-Quizzes.com. (for high-intermediate and advanced students, this site offers detailed written explanations of the finer points of English grammar): http://www.grammar-quizzes.com/
- Lingua Press online English grammar: http://linguapress.com/grammar/index.htm
- Perfect English grammar: http://www.perfect-english-grammar.com/
- Englishpage.com: http://www.englishpage.com/
- Parrott, M. (2010). Grammar for English Language Teachers. 2nd Edition. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Larsen-Freeman, Diane and Thewlis, Stephen (2007 ). Grammar Dimensions 1-4: Form, Meaning, and Use. (Fourth Edition). Boston, MA: Heinle & Heinle.
- Firsten, R., and Killian, P. (2002). The ELT grammar book: A teacher-friendly reference guide. California: Alta Publishing Center.
The COE Diversity Committee has identified competence in the skill of academic writing as a strong predictor of student success. The Committee has also found that undergraduate and graduate students from traditionally underserved populations have the greatest need for support in areas of foundational writing skills in both content and style. That said, research has also found that close to 60% of students nationwide fall short of academic writing excellence.
FAU offers several options for faculty and students to receive academic writing support, both in-person and online. For more information on these programs and available schedules, see:
- University Center for Excellence in Writing (UCEW)
The UCEW offers Online Tutoring Sessions which may be particularly helpful for working undergraduate and graduate studes.
Diversity Committee Links
- FAU Accessibility Services
- LGBT+ Resource Center
- Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs
- Military and Veterans Student Success Center