The College of Education awards scholarships at both the departmental and college levels each year. Many of the scholarships are possible through the generous gifts of alumni, friends and faculty. As the scholarship selection process is very competitive, students should review all scholarship eligibility requirements and carefully follow the application instructions.
Only students who have been officially admitted (or programmed) to the College of
Education are eligible to apply for College of Education Scholarships.
Undergraduate students can review official admission requirements at this page.
Submit one complete application packet. Incomplete packets will not be considered. All students who apply for a scholarship will be notified of decisions.
2019-2020 Scholarship Opportunity
The Departments of Curriculum, Culture and Educational Inquiry (CCEI) and Exceptional Student Education (ESE) are seeking applications for the Toppel Family Early Childhood Doctoral Scholarship.
This scholarship is awarded to a full-time doctoral student whose interests best meet a commitment to improving the field of early childhood education through scholarship, research, and professional development. In addition, the recipient needs to demonstrate evidence of high academic achievement, plans for using the award to increase scholarly engagement during doctoral study, and a propensity for successful completion of the doctoral program.
If you are interested, please submit the following:
- College of Education Scholarship Application;
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member as well as a letter of recommendation from a professional in the field; and
- A 750 word essay describing your experience and future goals in early childhood research and scholarship.
Email all of the information requested to COEScholarships@fau.edu. Applications are due May 17, 2019.
- Review scholarships listed in the menu items on the left column of this page. Do not include scholarships not listed on this page on your application.
- Specifically review the scholarships itemized under General Scholarships and scholarships itemized under the department which houses your academic major.
- Assess the eligibility criteria and determine the scholarships for which you wish to apply. The maximum is three general and three from your department.
- Review any supplemental documentation required for the specific scholarships.
- Complete online application according to deadlines and submit with additional documentation listed below.
Application Packet Checklist:
- Application site is currently closed. Site will open for applications on August 21, 2019.
- One-page (double-spaced) essay describing your need for scholarship support, FAU activities, educational aspirations, and career goals after graduation.
- A letter of Recommendation from an FAU faculty member
- Additional documentation per scholarship requirements