2020-2021 Meeting Schedule
Faculty Assembly Meetings
All Faculty Assembly meetings will take place virtually. Meeting details to be announced.
The FA meeting dates (all 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.):
- Friday, Sept. 11th
- Friday, Oct. 23rd
- Friday, Jan. 22nd
- Friday, April 23rd
Faculty Assembly Steering Committee Representatives
- Michael Frain, President (email@example.com)
- Meredith Mountford, Vice President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Katie Miller, Secretary (email@example.com)
- Lisa Finnegan, Archivist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andres Ramirez, CCEI (email@example.com)
- Connie Porcaro, CSD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kelly Emelianchik-Key, CE (email@example.com)
- Mary Lieberman, ELRM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jack Scott, ESE (email@example.com)
- Bessie Dernikos, TL (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Traci Catto, OASS (email@example.com)
Faculty Assembly Steering Committee Dates
(all 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., via virtual platform. Meeting details will be sent to committee members.):
- Friday, Aug. 28th
- Friday, Oct. 9th
- Friday, Jan. 8th
- Friday, March 26th
Faculty Assembly Executive Committee (FAEC)
- Michael Frain, President
- Katie Miller, Secretary
- Lisa Finnegan, Archivist
The Faculty Assembly Executive Committee will meet with Dean Stephen Silverman directly following the FASC meetings, 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
The higher education Faculty of the College of Education is a community of scholars dedicated to the concept that policy making within a college be decentralized to the faculty level. The intent is that policy in the College of Education shall be made in a collegial fashion by the Dean and the Faculty Assembly working cooperatively.
The Assembly is committed to the following governing principles:
- Academic freedom. 
- Open democratic communication and participation.
- Sustaining and creating opportunities for faculty voice in all aspects of the College of Education governance.
- Commitment to a professional ethic that supports multiple/ alternative perspectives.
All full-time members of the higher education faculty of the College who hold tenure or all members who have tenure-earning positions, are voting members except those on leave of absence, sabbatical, or medical leave. This includes chairs, associate deans and deans who hold tenured or tenure-earning positions.