The higher education Faculty of the College of Education is a community of scholars dedicated to the concept that policy making within a college be decentralized to the faculty level. The intent is that policy in the College of Education shall be made in a collegial fashion by the Dean and the Faculty Assembly working cooperatively.
The Assembly is committed to the following governing principles:
- Academic freedom. 
- Open democratic communication and participation.
- Sustaining and creating opportunities for faculty voice in all aspects of the College of Education governance.
- Commitment to a professional ethic that supports multiple/ alternative perspectives.
All full-time members of the higher education faculty of the College who hold tenure or all members who have tenure-earning positions, are voting members except those on leave of absence, sabbatical, or medical leave. This includes chairs, associate deans and deans who hold tenured or tenure-earning positions.
S. Ramnarace (OASS), L. Finnegan (VP, Special Education), S. Darling (President, Special Education), K. Emelianchik-Key, (Counselor Ed), J. Scott (Special Education), C. Imgrund (Communication Scienced and Disorders), M. Mountford (Archivist, Ed Leadership & Research Methodology), and M. Lieberman, (Ed Leadership & Research Methodology). Not pictured: Ira Bogotch (Secretary, Ed Leadership & Research Methodology).
2023-2024 COE Governance Meeting Schedule*
Faculty Assembly (FA) Meetings -10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Attended by all COE tenured & tenure-earning faculty, Chairs, and Deans
- Friday, Sept. 8, 2023
- Friday, Nov. 3, 2023
- Friday, Jan. 26, 2024
- Friday, April 5, 2024
Faculty Assembly Steering Committee Representatives
- Sharon Darling, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lisa Finnegan, Vice President (Lfinnegan@fau.edu)
- Ira Bogotch, Secretary (email@example.com)
- Meredith Mountford, Archivist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kelly Emelianchik-Key, CE (email@example.com)
- Dilys Schoorman, C&I (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Caitlyn Imgrund, CSD (Cimgrund@health.fau.edu)
- Jack Scott, DSE (email@example.com)
- Mary Lieberman, ELRM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sita Ramnarace, OASS (Ramnarac@fau.edu)
Faculty Assembly Steering Committee (FASC) Dates-10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Attended by FA (Elected) Executive committee and Department FA representatives
- Friday, Aug. 25, 2023
- Friday, Oct. 27, 2023
- Friday, Jan. 12, 2024
- Friday, March 22, 2024
Faculty Assembly Executive Committee (FAEC)
- Sharon Darling, President
- Lisa Finnegan, Vice President
- Ira Bogotch, Secretary
- Meredith Mountford, Archivist
Faculty Assembly Executive Committee (FAEC)- 12 p.m. -1 p.m.
Attended by COE FA (Elected President, Vice President, Secretary, and Archivist) Executive committee, Dean
The Faculty Assembly Executive Committee will meet with Dean Stephen Silverman directly following the FASC meetings.
*All meetings will take place virtually, via Zoom
College of Education Senators to the University Faculty Senate (UFS): 2023-2024
- Dr. Ann Musgrove (2nd year of 2-year term)
- Dr. Charles Dukes (1st year of 2-year term)
- Dr. Cristobal Salinas (2nd year of 2-year term)
- Dr. Katie Miller (1st year of 2-year term)
- Dr. Meredith Mountford (2nd year of 2-year term)
- Dr. Sharon Darling (President of COE Faculty Assembly)
- Dr. Victoria Brown (2nd year of 2-year term)