2022-2023 Meeting Schedule
Faculty Assembly Meetings
All Faculty Assembly meetings will take place virtually. Meeting details to be announced.
The FA meeting dates (all 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.):
- Friday, Sept. 9, 2022
- Friday, Oct. 21, 2022
- Friday, January 20, 2023
- Friday, April 21, 2023
Faculty Assembly Steering Committee Representatives
- Lisa Finnegan, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sharon Darling, Vice President (Sdarlin4@fau.edu)
- Katie Miller, Secretary (email@example.com)
- Andres Ramirez, Archivist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Melanie Acosta, CI (email@example.com)
- Caitlin Imgrund, CSD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kelly Emelianchik-Key, CE (email@example.com)
- Meredith Mountford, ELRM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jack Scott, ESE (email@example.com)
- Bessie P. Dernikos, CI (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sita Ramnarace, OASS (email@example.com)
Faculty Assembly Steering Committee Dates
(all 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. except Aug. 26, via virtual platform. Meeting details will be sent to committee members.):
- Friday, Aug. 26, 2022 (9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.)
- Friday, Oct. 7, 2022
- Friday Jan.6, 2023
- Friday, March 31, 2023
Faculty Assembly Executive Committee (FAEC)
- Lisa Finnegan, President
- Sharon Darling, Vice President
- Katie Miller, Secretary
- Andres Ramirez, Archivist
The Faculty Assembly Executive Committee will meet with Dean Stephen Silverman directly following the FASC meetings, 12 p.m. -1 p.m., except on Aug. 26, which will be from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The higher education Faculty of the College of Education is a community of scholars dedicated to the concept that policy making within a college be decentralized to the faculty level. The intent is that policy in the College of Education shall be made in a collegial fashion by the Dean and the Faculty Assembly working cooperatively.
The Assembly is committed to the following governing principles:
- Academic freedom. 
- Open democratic communication and participation.
- Sustaining and creating opportunities for faculty voice in all aspects of the College of Education governance.
- Commitment to a professional ethic that supports multiple/ alternative perspectives.
All full-time members of the higher education faculty of the College who hold tenure or all members who have tenure-earning positions, are voting members except those on leave of absence, sabbatical, or medical leave. This includes chairs, associate deans and deans who hold tenured or tenure-earning positions.