Yash Bhagwanji, Ph.D.
Dr. Yash Bhagwanji is an Associate Professor and the CCEI Coordinator of Early Childhood Programs at Florida Atlantic University. He received his Ph.D. in Early Childhood Special Education from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Prior to FAU, Dr. Bhagwanji coordinated the Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Programs, served as the Co-Director of the Family Support Center, and was the recipient of several national and state-funded grants to conduct research and improve access to quality early care and education while at the University of Louisville in Kentucky.
Dr. Bhagwanji’s research is clustered around:
- The complex associations among families and wider social systems that impact children’s health, development, and education ( Early Academic Learning Problems of Jamaican Children: Possible Family Influences, Enabling Families of Children with Disabilities to Better Access Quality Child Care, Parent Involvement in Preschool Programs for Children At Risk for Academic Failure, Stress Profile of Peruvian Parents Caring for Children with Autism)
- Professional development of educators in early childhood and special education (An Innovative Cross-Cultural In-service Training Model: Findings from a Multi-Year Project)
- Early childhood environmental education, investigating strategies and policies that impact the well-being of all (Early Childhood Environmental Education Rating Scale)
Links of interest of his involvement in academic and public communities:
- Executive Editor of the International Journal of Early Childhood Environmental Education
- Advisory Editor for Asia Pacific Education Review Journal
- Culturally and Linguistically Sensitive Practices in Motor Skills Intervention for Young Children
- Digital Writing in the Literacy Curriculum: An Engaging Tool?
- Outreach Site for Project SPIES (Strategies for Preschool Intervention in Everyday Settings)
- Children Count 2012 Conference Presenter: Let’s Go Outside!
- National Grant Recipient to help low-income parents attend postsecondary education
- Community Outreach: Pine Crest School student field work
- Evaluator for National Grant: Ready to Read Project
- Webinar Presentation for NAAEE - National Project for Excellence in Environmental Education
Dr. Yash Bhagwanji
Associate Professor, Curriculum, Culture and Educational Inquiry
Department of Curriculum, Culture, and Educational Inquiry
Office Location: ED 47 - 330