What is a peer academic coach?
A Peer Academic Coach (PAC) is either an undergraduate student or a graduate student who has been academically successful at Florida Atlantic University. Either way, Peer Academic Coaches are available to offer student-to-student, FAU specific tips and advice on how to be successful here.
They understand that success in college isn’t limited to having good study skills (though they can coach you on those), but is also about feeling connected to campus, being able to make ends meet, finding the right balance between work and your classes, etc. You can meet with a Peer Academic Coach regularly throughout the semester, or stop in one-time with a question.
Interested in becoming a Peer Academic Coach?
Summer 2023 Recruitment is Closed
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Academic Coach, check back in July, November, and February to see if we are hirng!
- Degree-seeking Undergraduate or Graduate Student.
- Maintain a 2.8 or higher GPA.
- First-Generation College Student preferred, not required.
- $15.00 per hour.
- Work 8-10 hours per week.
- Paid training, team meetings, and class/workshop planning time
- Collaboration with a dynamic and selective group of student leaders
Recruitment is closed - check back soon
- Submit your PAC application (PAC Application for Undergraduate Students or PAC Application for Graduate Students)
- Edit your resume and a cover letter (outlining the following:
1. your motivation for becoming a Peer Academic Coach,
2. what you would bring to the position/team,
3. how this experience will benefit your future career, and
4. whether or not you are First-Generation).
** Make sure to attach these documents in the Attachments section of the application.