Key Functions Reference Guide

Department Information Functions Common Inquiries
Recruitment Services
(for waived recruitments only)

  •  Workday Recruiting
  • Creating Job Reqs
  • Hiring Business Process
  • Change Job Crossover
  • Business Process
  • Job Postings
  • External Advertising
  • Background Check
  • Inquiries
  • Offer Letters
  • Verification of Education (AMP/SP)
  • Can I have a candidate linked to a specific job req?
  • What is the process to advertise postings on different websites?
  • How long can I repost a job for?
  • What’s the status of a candidate’s background check?
  • What is the minimum number of candidates I can interview?
  • Am I able to make changes to a REQ that’s already approved?
  • Can I change the start date of a new employee?
Workforce Administration 
& Records Control (WARC)
  • Employee Onboarding
  • Job Changes
  • Add Jobs
  • I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
  • Personnel Records
  • Verification of Employment
  • Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
  • Compensation Changes for OPS & Students
  • How do I process an add job?
  • How do I extend an assignment for an OPS, adjunct, or student employee?
  • How do I end an additional assignment for an OPS, adjunct, or student employee?
  • When do I need to stop by HR to bring my I-9 documents?
  • I am out of state, how do I present my I-9 documents to HR?
  • How do I update my personal information such as my address or citizenship status?
  • How do I complete onboarding?
  • How do I receive the onboarding job aid?

Classification & 

  • One-Time Payment Inquires
  • Salary Studies/Pay Equity Reviews
  • Position Descriptions: Establishments, Updates, and Reclassifications
  • AMP/SP Title Changes
  • Salary Increases for Line Employees (AMP/SP)
  • Reorganizations: Supervisory and Positions
  • How to request an OTP for an employee?
  • Am I able reclass a position?
  • Can I change a job profile?
  • What is a pay equity review?
  • When will my position be approved?
  • What is the process to update ajob position?
  • What are the options for giving AMP/SP employees payincreases?

Benefits & Retirement

  • Health Insurance / Supplemental Insurance Coverage
  • Sick Leave Pool
  • EESP
  • State Sponsored & Voluntary Retirement 
  • FICA Alternative Plan
  • Employee Discounts
  • Am I eligible for insurance benefits?
  • What are the blackout dates?
  • What are the requirements for the sick leave pool program?
  • What are my options for retirement?
  • When can I start using the EESP?
  • How do I request an algorithm for an international employee?

Employee Relations

  •  New Hire Orientation
  • FMLA
  • Worker’s Compensation
  • Performance Appraisals & Management
  • Terminations for AMP/SP Positions
  • Changes to termination dates in WD
  • Kognito Training Certificates
  • Voluntary Demotions
  • Exit Interviews
  • Policies, Regulations, Employment Laws
  • Where can I access the virtual orientation?
  • When are appraisals due?
  • How to check status of an appraisal?
  • How to file a worker’s comp claim after getting injured?
  • What forms are needed for FMLA?
  • Can I request an exit interview?
  • How to change an employee’s termination date?
  • How can I correct an appraisal that’s already completed?
  • How long can an employee be on intermittent/regular


  • W-2 Inquiries
  • W-4 Inquiries
  • Direct Deposit
  • Payroll Tax
  • Returns/Payments
  • Retroactive Wage Payments
  • Timekeeping Inquiries
  • Fringe Benefits
  • State-to-State Transfer of Leave
  • How do I receive my tax documents?
  • How do I update my direct deposit/W-4 info?
  • Can I request paper checks?
  • Where can I find the payroll schedule?
  • What do I do if I never received my W-2
  • How do I correct an overpayment for an employee?
  • How do I enter hours after several pay periods have passed?
  • How do I check my withholdings?
  • When can I start using my leave?

Institutional Effects & 
Analysis (IEA)



  • Request for data should be made through FAU Online Help Desk
  • Historic/Current Data about Students, Programs, Personnel, & Resources
  • Report of Academic
  • Activity & Workload Productivity
  • Where can I submit a request?
  • Is there a phone number or email to submit requests?
  • How do I obtain historical data?

Office of the Provost



  • Period Activity Pay
  • Adjunct Offer Letters
  • Affiliate Appointments
  • Faculty Salary Increase
  • Faculty Stipend
  • Faculty Benefits
  • Promotion & Tenure
  • Voluntary Retirement 
  • Verification of 
  • Faculty Job Requisitions 
  • How does faculty request for leave?
  • How do I apply for a sabbatical?
  • Is there a handbook for faculty?
  • What are the guidelines for tenure and promotions?
  • Can my child use my EESP benefits if I have no plans to use it?
  • How do I process/make changes/end a Period Activity Pay (PAP)?
  • How do I complete a report of outside employment or professional activity? How do I enter an affiliate appointment? 

Public Records


  • Handles public record inquires in accordance with Florida Statute 119.011 (12)
  • Public record requests via email, website, phone, fax, & in writing
  • Responds to requests in a reasonable time;handled in order received
  • What is a public record?
  • How long does it take to fulfill a public records request?
  • Does a request have to be in writing?
  • Can I impose a response deadline upon my request?
  • Is there cost to obtain records?