Greek Officers Leadership Experience (GOLD)
Greek Officers Leadership Development 2017 will be held January 4 - 5, 2019
The Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life hosts the Greek Officers Leadership Development (GOLD) Retreat at the beginning of each calendar year to provide leadership development and specific training to chapter leadership in the FAU Fraternity & Sorority Community.
- It is an expectation that the Chapter President and New Member Educator of every chapter attend the GOLD Retreat. Please understand that sending another officer, in place of the Chapter President, is only acceptable with permission from the council advisor.
- Food and lodging will be at no cost to participants, unless the attendee fails to meet the set participation expectation.
- This program requires a substance free commitment from each participant.
- Participants will be sleeping on-site during the program.
- Participants are expected to be at all sessions during the GOLD Retreat. You may not come and go as you please.
The Greek Officers Leadership Development (GOLD) Retreat is designed to provide a comprehensive experience that will help prepare presidents and new member educators to lead their chapters & councils and respective new members. The objectives of the program are to:
- Discuss the leadership components that drive the internal operations of a high-performing fraternity/sorority
- Practice the leadership skills necessary for upholding the values associated with fraternal membership and for achieving success as Officers
- Demonstrate leadership techniques that promote accountability, adherence to standards, true self-governance, and empowerment of members.
- Discuss the role of a leader and Greek Officer in identifying and addressing the critical issues of the chapter and the FAU fraternity & sorority community.
- Devise and implement concrete strategies for participants to apply GOLD program components toward the betterment of themselves, their chapters, and their community.
The Greek Officers Leadership Development (GOLD) Retreat is a weekend -long experiential learning program that will help prepare chapter and council presidents to lead their organizations to new, higher level of performance. GOLD follows an institute philosophy, meaning that all participants in attendance will have a shared experience. The curriculum will feature hands-on experiential learning activities, leadership theory exploration, small group processing, and individual-focused reflection. Small group meetings are designed to allow participants to explore ideas and issues more fully in a more secure/safe setting. All sessions will be led by fraternity & sorority professionals.
After completion of this program our chapter and council presidents will be able to discuss the leadership components that drive the internal operations of a model fraternity/sorority and practice the leadership skills necessary for upholding the values associated with fraternal membership and for achieving success as chapter presidents. They will be able to demonstrate leadership techniques that promote accountability, adherence to standards and true self-governance. In addition they will discuss their role as a leader and Greek officer in creating positive change in your chapter and the FAU Fraternity & Sorority Community and devise and implement concrete short-term and long-term strategies for applying leadership, values and integrity to the betterment of their fraternity and sorority communities, their chapters and themselves.