College of Education Field Experience
Due to changes to our school districts’ visitor policy that has been affected by COVID, only student teaching/internship AND the following courses will have in-field placements for the Fall 2021 semester:
- EDG 3324: Elementary Education Practicum 2
- EDG 6345: Instructional Strategies Assessment Practices
- EEX 4843: Exceptional Student Education Practicum 2
- EEX 5841: Observation and Participation
- ESE 3940: Secondary Education Practicum
- MHS 6800: School Counseling Practicum
All other faculty who teach classes with a clinical component will work with students to complete requirements through an alternative assignment.
Please check back for updated information regarding the Spring 2022 Semester.
The Office for School Engagement provides the connection between our candidates and local school and community partners. As part of our teacher preparation program requirements, candidates participate in varied field experiences, practicum, and student teaching / internship placements within school district and community classrooms.
All placements must be arranged through our office.
Getting Placed is Easy!
STEP 1: Apply for Placement
All Applications and Security Clearance must be submitted by:
- FALL: November 1st
- SPRING: March 1st
- SUMMER: June 1st
- Clinical Experiences Handbook
- Steps to Receiving a Placement
- Courses that Require Field Experience Placements
- Employee Approval Forms
- Record of Hours Log
- District Area Maps
- I'm Placed – Now What? (Coming soon)
- Request for a Certificate of Participation
- Palm Beach County Badge Renewal Form