Certified Appreciative Adviser
The Office of Appreciative Education offers a professional certification rating for academic advisers.
Certified Appreciative Advisers are committed to a standard of excellence in the field of advising and optimizing their students’ educational experiences.
Benefits of Certification
- Advance your professional qualification
- Increase your skills and knowledge
- Raise your professional expectations
- Provide your students with the best possible advising experience
- Completed Application packet with payment
- Successful completion of the Appreciative Advising Institute or the Appreciative Advising Online Course within the past two years (please include a copy of your completion certificate).
- Three completed 3-page Appreciative Advising Skills Rubics (self, colleague or student, supervisor)
- One Letter of Recommendation from Your Supervisor
- Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Appreciative Advising Theory Statement
Certification is valid for 5 years.