Step-by-Step Admissions Process
- Principals will receive a memo about the PROPEL program from the leadership development department in early fall, and interested principals will attend a mandatory principal information session to be eligible to nominate.
- Principals who attended the information session will receive a link to the nomination system to submit nominations online.
- Upon principal nomination, nominees will be invited to an information session; attendance is required in order to apply.
- Nominees who attended the information session will receive an email with a link to apply.
Application Process for Admission to the Program
- Complete the online application.
- Prepare the following documents to upload to the system:
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts
- Unofficial graduate transcripts (if applicable)
- Application essay (The prompt is provided in the application.)
- Professional resume
- Proof of Florida Professional Certificate
- Principal recommendation letter
- Teacher evaluations for the 3 years prior to applying
- Signed Sponsor Commitment Letter (Your principal must agree to serve as your mentor the entirety of the program.)
- Participate in an admissions interview.
- Complete a timed admissions essay based on a given prompt.
Program Admissions Process
- Accepted students will attend a mandatory student orientation session.
- At the orientation sessions, students will read, acknowledge, and sign the following documents:
- Student Conduct Policy
- Attendance Policy
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Photo Release Forms
- Research Consent Form
- Mentor Commitment Form
- Submission of Assignment Policy
Application Process for admission to FAU
- Students accepted into the program will also complete the university application process.
- Students will prepare the following documents:
- Official undergraduate transcripts
- Official graduate transcripts (if applicable)
- Students will complete the online FAU Application Page
- To qualify for Florida resident tuition, students will need:
- Copy of Florida Driver License
- Copy of Florida Registration or Florida Voter Registration Card
- Completed Florida Residency Declaration Application
- Students will provide proof of immunizations using the FAU Immunization Form
Course Registration Process
- For the first Spring semester courses only, students will apply for non-degree seeking status
- Students will register for courses
- Sign-up for classes
- Pay Tuition
- In the Fall, students will apply for degree seeking status at http://www.fau.edu/graduate/applyonline/