The signature page serves to document signed approval of the thesis/dissertation by all committee members, the department head, college dean, and graduate college dean. This page follows a very precise format and wording; students should view the sample signature page within the Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines and download one of our Microsoft Word templates below to replicate accordingly.
Signature Page Formatting Approval (Required before the defense)
A draft of the signature page must be submitted to GraduateWriting@fau.edu for formatting approval prior to obtaining committee signatures (a hard copy may be submitted to Building SU-80, Suite 101).
- We recommend that students submit their signature page draft for formatting review a minimum of two weeks prior to their defense date.
- Due to COVID-19, the Graduate College has updates on virtual signature page routing. For more information, visit: http://www.fau.edu/graduate/forms-and-procedures/degree-completion/thesis-and-dissertation/index.php.
Signature Page Templates (Download)
*If there are more than five total committee members please contact GraduateWriting@fau.edu for a custom template.
Formatting of the signature page includes:
- 2” Top Margin, 1.5” Left Margin, .75” Bottom margin
- Thesis/dissertation title formatted exactly as it appears on the title page and positioned at the 2” top margin
- Supervisory committee signature lines: Left-aligned at the Right Margin
- Dept./College/Graduate College signature lines: Left-aligned at the Left Margin
- Include the degree of each signee, for example: Jane T. Doe, Ph.D.
- Do not precede names with “Dr.” except within the paragraph.
- Date line: Left-aligned at the Right margin
- Page number iii positioned at the .75” bottom margin
- Approved signature page(s) should be printed on 25% cotton, white, watermarked paper. Upon a successful defense, students should obtain signatures from all committee members for their signature page (includes all signatures except the Graduate Dean).*
*Please visit http://www.fau.edu/graduate/forms-and-procedures/degree-completion/thesis-and-dissertation/index.php for more information on virtual signature page routing.
Please note: It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the names and titles of the committee members and college officials listed on the signature page are accurate. It is also the student’s responsibility to provide a medium or broad-tipped pen with dark opaque ink (i.e., a black felt-tip pen) to the signatories. Blue ink is not acceptable. Visit Building SU-80, Suite 101 for a complimentary signing pen!
Questions? Please contact us at:
GraduateWriting@fau.edu | 561-297-2817 |
Phone, email, Skype, WebEx, and MS Teams appointments are available. In-person appointments are not available at this time in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines.