Employee Relations & Development Division is committed to promoting positive environments and relationships by focusing on good management practices and workplace behaviors. Our goal continues to be a pro-active approach towards maintaining positive communication with employees, supervisors, and managers in order to minimize the occurrence of employee relations problems. When employee relations problems do occur, we can provide assistance and guidance from the onset of the problem through resolution.
We will work together to offer counsel and guidance within the framework of University policies and regulations, and State and Federal laws. Our mission is to achieve an end result that is in the best interest of both the employee and the University. We are here to assist you!
Confidentiality: If you wish to discuss any matter in confidence, please be assured that we will maintain that confidence to the extent possible and consistent with legal requirements. However, if the matter involves unlawful activity or conduct, or is critical to FAU operations, information may be shared on a need-to-know basis.
Employee Relations & Development Division offers you :
· Confidential consultations to discuss and resolve work place problems
· Coaching for improved employee performance
· Guidance and training on employee performance discussions and the appraisal process
· Assistance with employee counseling
· Guidance to both the employee and the supervisor throughout the probationary period
· Step by step assistance throughout the disciplinary process
· Guidance in collective bargaining issues
· Clarification, interpretation and advice on policies, regulations and applicable employment laws
· Understanding of the policies and processes for work hours, leave time and extended medical absences
· Administration of the grievance process
· Assistance and guidance to both employees and supervisors throughout the layoff process
· Administration of the unemployment compensation process
Employee Relations & Development Division
Gabrielle Zaidman, Manager (Northern & Boca Campuses)
Ana Guerin, Employee Relations Specialist
TBD (Broward Campuses)
Confidential Fax (Northern & Boca Campuses) – 561-297-1256
Confidential Fax (Broward Campuses) – 954-236-1510
To reach the Employee Relations & Development Division via email, please contact