Victim of Crime Abroad

If you become victim of a crime while traveling abroad, there are several resources available for your support.

In case of emergency, please contact FAU Police Department at (561) 297-3500, and your call will be routed to the appropriate department as needed.


Student Travelers

Students engaged in study abroad: Contact your on-site faculty/program leaders or international office contact at the institution you are attending. Faculty/program leaders are provided with an emergency cell phone number they can call 24/7. A staff members from Education Abroad (EA) will answer the phone.

Students engaged in other university-related approved travel: Contact the Dean of Students during regular business hours (Monday through Thursday 7:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST), or call the FAU Police Department directly during non-business hours.


All Travelers

U.S. Government Resources for all travelers abroad:

Office of Overseas Citizens Services: For emergency assistance 24/7 at embassies, consulates, and consular agencies overseas and in Washington, D.C., contact the Office of Overseas Citizens Services call (888) 407-4747 (from the U.S. or Canada) or (202) 501-4444 (from overseas).

Reporting a Lost or Stolen Passport: This website provides guidance on how to report and replace a lost U.S. travel document.

U.S. Embassies Abroad: Prior to departure, identify the U.S. Embassy/Consulate closes to your travel location(s).

Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP): Enrollment in STEP is recommended for all international travelers prior to departing the U.S.