Safety Emergencies

If a traveler has been a victim of crime, harassment, discrimination, terrorism, natural disaster, etc., there may be assistance available. American citizens should contact the U.S. Department of State’s American Citizen Services, who are prepared to assist with emergencies abroad.

Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or visit the U.S. DOS emergency abroad website to locate the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate and to read more emergency information.

  • From overseas, call 1 (202) 501-4444
  • From the U.S. and Canada, call 1 (888) 407-4747