10 to the Power of 10 Funding Initiative
The Department of Visual Arts and Art History invites you to be a part of the Ten to the Power of 10 Funding Initiative. We are committed to 10,000 people giving $10 in 2010 or until we reach our goal. State budget shortfalls have left the Art Department with critical needs that are not being met. Your support is needed to further our mission of educating artists, art historians and designers, providing them with scholarship opportunities, access to state-of-the-art digital arts and photography facilities, enrichment through the visiting artist lecture series and so much more.
Your donation to the Ten to the Power of Ten campaign will go to assist in these critical need areas:
1. Undergraduate Scholarships
2. Graduate Assistantships
3. Development of a digital photography facility (critical need)
4. Visiting Artist Lecture Series
5. University Galleries exhibitions and programming
6. Area of your choice (ceramics, graphic design, painting, printmaking, photography, sculpture)
Directing your donations: If you would like to specify which of these areas that your donation is supporting, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will personally make sure your donation is applied in accordance to your wishes.
There are two ways you can make a tax deductible donation:
1. Visit the Give to Visual Arts & Art History donation web page.
2. Mail a check made payable to FAU Foundations/VAAH addressed to: ATTN: Linda Johnson, FAU / Art Department, 777 Glades Road AH #52, rm 118, Boca Raton, FL 33431
The faculty and I are administering this campaign ourselves to ensure that all of the funds donated will make an immediate and positive impact. A gift to the Ten to the Power of 10 funding initiative is a gift to improve and strengthen the visual arts undergraduate and graduate programs and facilities. Thank you for helping us reach our goal.
I look forward to adding your name to the Power of 10 Donor List on our website.
Chair, Department of Visual Arts and Art History