International Student Resources
Campus and General
Academic Terms Glossary
Studying in the United States comes with different words and new expressions that you may not be familiar with, please check this link to learn more about what these new terms mean.
Click here for housing information (on-campus or off-campus): http://www.fau.edu/international/prospective/Housing_Info.php
Check out the International Student Housing Guide!
- This guide was created and optimized for international students coming to study in the U.S. It provides a detailed breakdown of the housing search process, what to consider in choosing housing/types/roommates, and really handy things like a housing timeline, checklist, glossary, etc.
To learn more about these and other resources available on campus click here
Making Online Payments with Flywire
How to pay flyer
Bank of America
International Student Scholarships
Florida Linkage Institute Directory
A linkage institute waiver is an agreement between the state universities/community colleges and foreign countries. The foreign country agrees to pay the out of state tuition portion on behalf of the student from its country.
Florida State University
University of Central Florida
University of South Florida
University of North Florida
For more information about the Florida Linkage Institute click here
Additional Scholarship Resources
International/non-citizen students can try to:
- Check their country’s embassy or a consulate here in the U.S. or with the appropriate government office back in their country to see what they offer.
- Try the U.S. Department of Labor’s free online scholarship search.
- Ask the academic department or career school the student plans to attend whether they offer any aid for international students.
- Check out the Education USA website.
Additional funding resources:
How to get In-State tuition if you did at least 3 years of High School in Florida:
Download the Request for Out-of-State Waiver for Florida High School Graduates from the link below and fill all the information:
After you are done, take the form and supporting documents to the office of Undergraduate admissions.
Graduate Assistantship Information
Graduate Assistantships are one way for graduate students to finance their educational studies at Florida Atlantic University. Assistantships are intended to attract high-quality, degree seeking students and provide them with professional experiences while at FAU that will prepare them for their future work.Students interested in applying for an assistantship should contact their graduate programs directly. Some general assistantship opportunities may be posted on the Graduate College's Facebook Page and on the Human Resources Employment Opportunities page .
For more information, check out this webpage: http://www.fau.edu/graduate/tuition-benefits/
To learn more about fellowship awards and to apply, see link below.
Grants are awards that are based on financial need or merit-based.