Documents FOR student visa
Certificate of Eligibility for F1/J1 Non-Immigrant Visa
All international students who study in the U.S. need a form I-20, "Certificate of Eligibility for F1 non-immigrant visa," or DS-2019 "Certificate of Eligibility for J1 non-immigrant visa." In order to start the process of requesting an I-20/DS-2019, students need to activate their MyFAU account. Please note that your FAU Net ID and your Z number are required to activate your account. You should receive an email from the ISS office with that information.
**Please click here for instruction on how to activate MyFAU account**
Steps to request an I-20/DS-2019
- Submit the Passport eForm to initiate the I-20/DS-2019 request
- Submit certificate of financial responsibility and proof of funds by completing Request for I-20 eForm
- Only if you are transferring from another U.S. Institution, submit SEVIS Transfer eForm
- Register for a mandatory Immigration Orientation and Check-in
- Undergraduate students are also required log in to OwlDone Portal for additional steps to be able to register for classes!
**Please click here for information on how to access eForms in iStart**
Deadlines to Submit Documents for I-20
|Semester||I-20 Request and Documents Deadline||Semester Begins|
|Spring 2024||Nov 27||Jan 6|
|Summer 2024||March 29||May 4|
|Fall 2024||July 5||August 17|
Receiving of I-20 or DS-2019
All the I-20/DS-2019s will be issued electronically and will consist of electronic signature which is officially accepted per Department of State to apply for visa and/or at the entry to the United States (Executive Order 14012).
You may request immigration documents to be shipped to you through express mail in YOUR expense. Methods of payment include Credit/Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover) and Wire Transfer. The accepted currency is US Dollars. Parents or friends of the student can pay with their credit card on behalf of the student as well.
How to request EXPRESS mail to send you your immigration documents:
- Visit https://study.eshipglobal.com/
- Create a user name and password to set up an account.
- Click the "Receive a Package" option.
- Select the "Florida Atlantic University Center for Global Engagement" as as your sender and enter your Z number in the student ID field.
- Prepare a shipment request and pay the mailing cost online.
- eShipGlobal will route the request to FAU ISS office and the ISS office will prepare the shippment.
If you have questions about how to use this service please, visit the FAQs section of on https://study.eshipglobal.com, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please pay close attention to the information submitted as errors in the credit card or incomplete address information will result in a delay in receiving your I-20 or DS-2019.