New Student Documents
Congratulations and Welcome to FAU!
On behalf of International Student Services (ISS), we are very happy to congratulate you on your acceptance to Florida Atlantic University!
International students who wish to study in the U.S. must obtain a form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for F1 non-immigrant visa) or DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility for J1 non-immigrant visa)
Request for I-20 (or DS-2019) Document
- Submit the Passport eForm to initiate the I-20/DS-2019 request
- Submit certificate of financial responsibility and proof of funds by completing Request for I-20 eForm
- Only if you are transferring from another U.S. Institution, submit SEVIS Transfer eForm
Register for a mandatory
Immigration Orientation and Check-in
Undergraduate students need to access OwlDone Portal for additional steps to be able to register for classes!!
- Open OwlDone Portal at https://owldone.fau.edu/ You will be asked to log in to Owldone portal with your FAUNet ID which was generated when you were first admitted. on the provided web site you will see the instructions to take further steps.
**Please click here for information on how to access eForms in iStart **
Mandatory Health Insurance For F and J Students
Please read in its entirety
Important: Medical Insurance Requirement for F-1 students (each semester):
All F1 International students in the United States are required to have health insurance that meets the university’s requirements. International students will be routinely enrolled in the university-sponsored Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP), and the insurance premium will be charged to the student’s FAU account.
Please be aware that F-1 students are automatically enrolled in the FAU insurance each semester unless a student submits an alternate insurance waiver that is approved at the start of each academic year (August), or when a student begins their studies (whichever is sooner).
The portal for alternate insurance waiver is open one month prior to each term start date and closes before the term starts. International students who wish to use an alternate insurance plan must submit a waiver form by the deadline. When the waiver portal opens, the dates for submission will be provided on: https://www.fau.edu/shs/insurance/international.php
To submit a waiver, go to www.gallagherstudent.com/FAU
Students who do not submit a waiver form by the deadline will have the premium for SHIP added to their student account. Eligibility requirements for Alternate Insurance and waiver deadline information: http://fau.edu/shs/immunization/insurance.php#card-element-insurance
Deadlines to Submit Documents for I-20
Applicants who need to obtain F-1 visa
Applicants who have a valid F-1 visa and attending another U.S. institution
|Fall Semester (August)||April 1||June 15||July 15|
|Spring Semester (January)||October 1||November 1||November 15|
|Summer Semester (May/June)||February 15||March 15||April 1|
Express Shipment of I-20 or DS-2019
Florida Atlantic University is pleased to make available EXPRESS mailing of I-20 or DS-2019 immigration documents. EXPRESS mailing will allow you to receive documents through DHL or FedEx within 3-5 days.
Requesting immigration documents through express mail is YOUR expense. Methods of payment: Credit/Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover) and Wire Transfer. The accepted currency is US Dollars. Parents or friends of the student can pay with their credit card as well, on behalf of the student.
How to request EXPRESS mail to send you your immigration documents:
- Go to the following secure website ONLY: https://study.eshipglobal.com/
- Create a user name and password to set up an account.
- Click the "Receive a Package" option
- Select the Florida Atlantic University Center for Global Engagement as as your sender and enter your Z number in the student ID field
- Prepare a shipment request and pay the mailing cost online
- eShipGlobal will route the request to FAU ISSS office
If you have questions about how to use this service please visit the FAQs section of this https://study.eshipglobal.com website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please pay close attention to the information submitted as errors in the credit card or incomplete address information will result in a delay in receiving your I-20 or DS-2019.