The Undergraduate English Club — we have a way with words... literally.
English Club Meetings
The FAU student English club will meet weekly on Thursdays at 5pm in the atrium of the CU building—immediately atop the stairs; and the spring 2020 term shall bring many exciting events and activities including film screenings, open-mic nights, literary readings, a voter registration drive, writing competitions, workshops, community greening initiatives, museum field trips, and more!
Please contact club advisor Dr. Stacey Balkan for more information.
Spring 2020 Events
- Career workshop offered by Career Center liaison Mitchell Roshel
- Voter registration drive to be held in the breezeway—date TBA
- Screening of Princess Mononoke, 20 February 2020 @ 5pm—location TBA
- ALL ARTS open mic at the Mad Robot Brewery, 25 March 2020 @ 7:30pm
- creative writing competition—details TBA
- creative writing workshops and study sessions for English Club members—details forthcoming
- Community greening initiative—details TBA
- field trip to the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens—date TBA
- ”The Nature of Trees” exhibit at the Boca Art Museum—through 2/19, details TBA
- Book donation drive—details TBA
- field trip to Silverball Museum in Delray Beach—details TBA
View past English Club events.
About the English Club
The English Club is social networking group for all English majors and minors. The club serves as a creative and expressive outlet for students with similar interests and goals.
The club's activities include on and off-campus events such as meetings, movie nights in the Living Room Theater, attending plays, and visiting art galleries. The English Club will also host workshops, mid-term and final exam study groups, monthly book/paper readings at Bookwise Book store, and Starbucks get-togethers.
Ultimately, the English Club's purpose is to enrich the lives of English students attending Florida Atlantic University.
(The English Club is a department resource and is not a student organization.)
Contact the English Club.