MyFAU | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For quick reference, we have compiled the answers to the most frequently asked questions we get asked about using MyFAU. Please click on the question to see the answer, be sure to check back often as we continually update this page as new questions arise.
MYFAU is the online portal for the FAU community that is accessible from any web browser at myfau.fau.edu or as an app to your device though the iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store. Sign in with your FAU credentials for your personalize experience. If you don’t have FAU credentials, use the Guest persona to use great features like maps, directory, and more.
There are a 2 ways to get FAU Alerts to your mobile phone. When it comes to alerts, we recommend setting up all possible options!
- Option 1: Text messages and/or phone call: Go to the official FAU Alerts page and follow the instructions based on if you are a Student, Staff and Faculty, or Non-FAU Entity.
- Option 2: Push Notifications: Install the MYFAU App on your mobile phone and make sure you allow to receive push notifications from the app.
The general method for turning on nofications varies depending on your device. Below are general steps for turning on notifications for iOS or Android devices. If you are still having issues, you may need to look into specifics for your device, or put in a ticket with the FAU Help Desk.
- iOS: Go to Settings > Notifications, select the MYFAU app and make sure that Allow Notifications is on. Hint: make sure you have opened the app after installing.
- Android: Push Notifications: Install the MYFAU App on your mobile phone and make sure you allow to receive push notifications from the app.
Absolutely! Select the Guest experience at the Sign In page to use many of the great features MYFAU has to offer. To get FAU credentials, you need to become a student or employee at FAU.
There are a 2 ways to view your mail from your mobile device.
- Option 1: Check your mail within MYFAU when you sign in with your FAU credentials.
- Option 2: Use your device's built in mail client. Visit the "Access E-mail" page for instructions and suggested settings.
When you sign in to MYFAU, there will be a button called MY INFO. Clicking this button will open a new page with your Z Number and other account management features.
Tap the User Menu icon in the top corner of the page (the person icon). When the menu opens, you will see a button that says "My Experience". Tab the button to go to a new page where you can select a new experience.
MYFAU had a big update recently and that might be causing you some access issues. Please clear your browser and/or app cache to correct this. If you are still experiencing issues getting to MYFAU, please submit a ticket to the Helpdesk.
NOTE: Don't forget to update any bookmarks you might have to the correct web address without any additional characters at the end https://myfau.fau.edu. Thank you for your patience as we make this transition!
Submit a helpdesk ticket here. Please note that issues with FAU Self-Service or registartion are not MYFAU related.
Great! Please fill out this survey to share your feedback about MYFAU. We want to hear what’s working and what’s not working so we can keep getting better!