HOW TO APPLY
APPLYSubmit your online admissions application and submit your non-refundable $30 application fee in U.S. Dollars.
View our application deadlines to apply on time.
- CREDENTIAL EVALUATION
Submit official transcripts from all high schools attended with a certified translation of each transcript. Your school must send official transcripts. Required academic records must be original or certified true copies sent by the school in a sealed envelope. All records should be submitted in the native language and accompanied with an official English translation. Students may also submit a NACES accredited evaluation.
Transfers & Second Bachelors
Students who have foreign post-secondary coursework have the option of requesting one of the following options.
- An internal evaluation completed by an FAU foreign credential evaluator. If an internal evaluation is requested, we require a certified English translation plus the original transcript from the post-secondary institution. These documents must arrive in a sealed enveloped provided by the institution and translation agency. If you would like information on how to request an internal evaluation from FAU email us at email@example.com with your Z number once you have submitted your online application.
- A NACES-accredited (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) evaluation by a certified evaluation service member. The equivalency evaluation must be course-by-course with a grade point average.
3. TEST SCORES
Submit your SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) or ACT (American Achievement Test) scores. SAT and ACT test scores are required for all freshman applicants as well as for all students with less than 60 credits from an accredited post-secondary institution.
4. ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TESTS
If you are an international student, whose first language is not English, you must demonstrate your proficiency in the English language.
To be exempt from the English proficiency test requirement you would need to be included in one of the following categories:
· You are from another country where English is the only official language
· You have earned a degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university
· You have earned a degree from a country where English is an official language
· You attended a university at which English is the only official language of instruction
If you do not meet the requirements of any of the categories mentioned above, you are required to submit an English proficiency exam.
Currently we will accept only the following exams to demonstrate English proficiency.
|English Proficiency Provider||Minimum Scores||Websites|
|TOEFL||iBT(80) PBT (550)||www.ets.org/toefl|
|Cambridge English Language Assessment||180||www.cambridgeenglish.org|
|Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)||55||www.pearsonpte.com|
For students not meeting the English proficiency, please see our Conditional Admissions Track (CAT) Intensive English Institute.
5. COSTS & VISA REQUIREMENTS
Florida Atlantic University requires proof of financial support for your first year of study to assist you in obtaining the Form I-20 (for the F-1 visa) or the Form DS-2019 (for the J-1 visa). To complete this step and find out more about the cost of attendance, please visit our International Student Costs & Visa Requirments page.
Questions? We give a hoot! Contact us here.