How to Establish a Research Core at FAU
A research core is a shared facility that gives investigators access to equipment, tools, technologies and services needed for scientific and clinical inquiries.
- Schedule a meeting with a representative from the FAU Research Cores Program (ResearchCores@fau.edu) to present the research core proposal and develop a strategy.
- Complete an application, business plan and rate calculation using the Research Cores Program templates.
- Get preliminary approval for your proposed core business plan and rates worksheet from the Research Cores Oversight Committee (RCOC).
- Obtain approval from the Vice President for Research.
- Acquire final authorization from the RCOC.
Refer to the FAU Research Cores Policy here.