OLLI with AutoNation Presents ‘Discoveries, Treatments and Strategies'
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute is working in partnership with AutoNation and its DRVPINK mission to present, “Discoveries, Treatments and Strategies: How FAU is Accelerating the Drive Against Cancer,” on Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 3 p.m. at the Friedberg Auditorium, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus.
Attendees will hear from a panel of FAU’s distinguished researchers in their fields at this one-time event, as they share their progress in understanding and developing innovative solutions to prevent and combat cancer. Following the panel discussion, guests will have the opportunity to participate in an interactive Q&A session. Panelists include:
- Gregg Fields, Ph.D., executive director, FAU Institute for Human Health and Disease Intervention (I-HEALTH), and professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
- Patrick Grant, Ph.D., associate chair, Department of Biomedical Science, and associate professor, Biomedical Science, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
- Amy Wright, Ph.D., research professor, FAU Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute
- Mare Cudic, Ph.D., associate professor and director of Honors in Chemistry program, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
And moderated by:
- Karin Scarpinato, Ph.D., senior associate vice president, FAU Division of Research
This event reflects FAU’s spirit of excellence and innovation and AutoNation’s commitment to helping drive out cancer. In 2021, a partnership between Memorial Cancer Institute (MCI) and FAU earned a Cancer Center of Excellence designation from the Florida Department of Health, becoming the fifth in the state to earn the designation, combining FAU research and MCI’s expertise to provide advanced cancer care for the region’s patients.
Through DRVPNK, AutoNation has raised and donated nearly $35 million fund critical cancer research and treatment.
Tickets for the event are free to the public. Advanced registration is required. For more information or to register for the event, contact the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at 561-297-3185 or email@example.com.