The FAU Max Planck Honors Program is offered across three degrees at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Science (Biology, Psychology, Neuroscience & Behavior) and 4 concentrations at the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College (Biology, Biology/Chemistry, Neuroscience, Psychology). All students pursuing the above listed degrees are encouraged to apply. No experience is required.
This is a 2-year program that participants will typically apply during their sophomore year to begin the program during the fall semester of their junior year. Students admitted to the FAU-MPHP will need to designate 3-6 elective credits toward fulfilling the course requirements of the program, participate in mentored research, write a thesis, and defend the thesis publicly. Students who successfully complete the FAU-MPHP will receive a designation of “FAU Max Planck Honors” on their final transcript.
Students who already have a faculty research mentor:
- May 31 – Will start the program during following fall semester
- October 20 – Will start the program during the following spring semester
Students who do not have a faculty research mentor:
- May 31 – Will start the program during the following fall semester
National Merit Scholars, Finalists, and Semifinalists:
- Apply at any time of the year and acceptance will be on a rolling basis. Documentation supporting National Merit status will need to be submitted alongside the application.
- Submit an Application
- Submit a Faculty Recommendation Form
- Submit a Faculty Mentor Form