Bigony "Pay-It-Forward" Scholarship Program
This scholarship provides interest-free loans to support students at the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College at FAU's John D. MacArthur Campus. The benefactors are providing this support to students who accept the moral obligation to, sometime during their lifetime, give back the funds that they had received in order to support future Wilkes Honors College students. There is no legal requirement to pay back the funds, but a moral obligation to 'pay it forward.'
- Be registered full-time at the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College;
- Be at the sophomore level or higher;
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by their EFC (expected family contribution) as calculated based on a current FAFSA;
- Be a Florida resident;
- Be in good standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Agree to undertake the moral obligation to make every effort to re-pay the money received from the Bigony 'Pay it Forward' scholarship—in their lifetime—to benefit future students of the Wilkes Honors College.
Funds may be used to cover costs of FAU tuition and on-campus room and board. The awards may be renewable up to two additional years to eligible students depending upon available funding. This award will be in addition to a student's Honors College Merit Scholarship. Awards range from $1500 to $3000 per year depending on available resources.
To Apply: Fill out and submit form here.
If you have any questions about the application, please contact Rachel Luria at email@example.com.