Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
777 Glades Road, EE 431
Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991
- Ph.D., University of Rhode Island
Xiangnan Zhong is currently an Assistant Professor with the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Florida Atlantic University (FAU), Boca Raton, FL, USA. She received the B.S. degree in automation and the M.S. degree in control theory and control engineering from Northeastern University, Shenyang, China, in 2010 and 2012, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree in Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering from University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI, USA, in 2017. From 2017-2019, she has worked as an assistant professor at University of North Texas, Denton, TX.
Dr. Zhong serves as the Chair of IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) Adaptive Dynamic Programming and Reinforcement Learning (ADPRL) Technical Committee (2021-Present). She is the Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (TNNLS) from 2021 and the Guest Editor of IET Cyber-Physical Systems: Theory & Applications (2018).
She has received the prestigious NSF CAREER Award (2021) and NSF CRII Award (2019). She is also the recipient of the International Neural Network Society (INNS) Aharon Katzir Young Investigator Award (2021) and INNS Doctoral Dissertation Award (2019).
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Computational Intelligence
- Intelligent Control, Adaptive Control and Autonomous Systems
- Networked Systems and Multi-Agent Systems
Awards and Honors
- NSF CAREER Award 2021
- International Neural Network Society Aharon Katzir Young Investigator Award 2021
- FAU NSF ADVANCE Summer Research Award 2020
- NSF CISE Research Initiation Initiative (CRII) Award 2019
- International Neural Network Society (INNS) Doctoral Dissertation Award 2019