2020 Art of Science Photo Contest
PHOTO CONTEST GUIDEINES
- Open to all members of the FAU community (faculty, students and staff).
- Unlimited submissions per person, presented with a short title and a brief (150 word max)
description of the research the image is portraying, written in language non-researchers can understand.
- Original images of research taking place in connection to FAU, including color-enhanced microscopy,
photos taken in the lab and the field, underwater photos of marine research, fractal imagery and
other photos illustrating the beauty that is inherent in the natural world.
- First place will receive an iPad, second place will receive a Fitbit
and third place will win a messenger bag.
- Winners and honorable mentions will be featured in FAU Owl Research and Innovation magazine.
- Winners and honorable mentions will be featured in an art exhibit.
- One winner can not win more than one prize.
- Undergraduate students submissions will be entered in Florida Atlantic
Undergraduate Research Journal for the chance to be on their front cover.
All entrants retain copyright for work submitted. Entrants agree to all contest rules and attest the works submitted are their own and that they hold all associated copyrights. Entrants take responsibility for any possible copyright infringement and agree to allow Florida Atlantic University to use and/or distribute the images for nonprofit, educational purposes in print or via the Internet. This is a non-exclusive grant of permission for online and offline use for an indefinite term.
Submissions must be at least 1 MB, photos with too low-resolution will not be accepted.