FAU Presents a Dynamic Program of Dance
Florida Atlantic University’s Department of Theatre and Dance in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters presents a dynamic program of dance with the 2016 Repertory Theatre Dance Ensemble, including six dance premieres. The performances are on Thursday, March 3 at 7 p.m., Friday, March 4 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, March 5 at 1 and 7 p.m. in the University Theatre, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus. Tickets are $20 at www.fauevents.com or 1-800-564-9539. FAU faculty, staff and alumni tickets are $15 and student and children tickets are $12 at FAU’s Box Office in the Student Union or at the door.
The six dances include:
- Clarence Brooks, dancer and artistic director, reprises roles in University of South Florida professor Michael Foley’s poignant and visually stunning “Flor” and as a somewhat deranged conductor in William “Bill” Evans’ humorous “Scherz-Oh!”
- In a dance that will surely resonate with parents who have children, Danielle Jolie Dale performs a delightful trio for herself, her preteen daughter, and her even younger son.
- Come see the waters within and around us in University of Central Oklahoma professor Tina Kambour’s “Confluence,” inspired by her visit to the Wild Rivers Recreational Area (New Mexico) where the Rio Grande and the Red River meet.
- Guest choreographer Brandon Fink uses text from iconic speeches by internationally recognized orators Gloria Steinem, U.S. President Ronald Reagan and The Rev. Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. as the score for his “How Far Have We Come?”
- Crystal Patient premieres her latest work, an exceedingly light-hearted look at the influences of social and mass media.
- Our newest faculty member Tiffany Rhynard will exhibit two works – an excerpt from her soon-to-be released film “Black Stains,” which features hip hop dancer and University of Florida professor Trent D. Williams, Jr., and an all-out robust dance for six powerful FAU dancers.
The program is subject to change.
For more information, contact Clarence Brooks at Clarence.email@example.com.