LAVENDER LANGUAGES INSTITUTE
June 24-30, 2018 at Florida Atlantic University
The first Lavender Languages Institute at Florida Atlantic University will be six days of workshops, discussion sessions and informal conversations explore topics of current interest in language and sexuality studies, queer linguistics, and various lavender language themes.
Topics that will be addressed include: critical discourse analysis, corpus linguistics, language/sexuality/history; language and the queer of color critique; language, sexuality and postcolonial theory; language and sexuality in diaspora. Plus, defining a language/sexuality research problem, securing research funding, publishing findings, and queer classroom pedagogy.
Applications for the 2018 Institute are now closed. Please check back in 2019 for next year's application.
- Al Crowley- University of South Carolina
- Brooke English- Rice University
- Corey Thorne- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Darrin Miller- University of North Texas
- Derek Vaughn- Florida Atlantic University
- Ernesto Cuba- The Graduate Center (CUNY)
- Hazel Marshall- UC Santa Barbara
- Jade Levandofsky- American University
- Jason D'Angelo- Georgetown
- Jordan Tudisco- UC Santa Barbara
- Laura Horst- California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
- Lex Konnelly- University of Toronto
- Leyla Savloff- University of Washington, Seattle
- Melissa Curry- Rhode Island College
- Michelle Marzullo- California Institute of Integral Studies
- Patrick Sonnenberg- University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Sahin Acikgoz- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor