Florida Atlantic University (FAU) uses a web-based service, Visual Compliance, to analyze each situation where export control regulations may be applicable. This service is used to perform the following actions:
- U.S. Munitions List (ITAR’s USML) classifications
- Commerce Control List (EAR’s CCL) classifications
- Restricted Party Screenings (RPS)
- Export control exemptions, exceptions, and licensing requirements determinations
- Country specific export control regulations analyses
All members of the FAU community are permitted to register and use Visual Compliance to conduct the services listed above. Visual Compliance offers training on how to properly utilize its product, however you may contact FAU’s Export Control Officer if additional assistance is required.
CITI Export Control Training
In addition to project specific trainings, FAU requires all faculty participating in research to undergo periodic compliance trainings. FAU uses CITI, a web-based service that offers training modules for export control related activities. The following steps outline how FAU faculty members can access CITI’s export control training module:
- Go to www.citiprogram.org
- As a new user, you will need to click “register here” to register for the training course
- Select "Florida Atlantic University" from the Participating Institutions and click submit
- Create a unique username and password and click "submit"
- Enter your personal information (first name, last name, e-mail) and click submit
- Continue entering additional information (gender, degree, etc.) and click submit
- Select the export control training course
- You will have the opportunity to print a Training Certificate upon completion of the training course and exam. You are advised to print this certificate and keep an original for your records
NOTE: All CITI course offerings are on a three-year renewal cycle. This means that a refresher course will be due three years after you first complete a course. CITI will send you emails to remind you when a refresher course is due. It is important to adjust your email privacy settings so that you can receive these important emails.