Withdrawal from FAU

(Undergraduate Students Only. Graduate students should contact the Graduate College)

Students who are planning on withdrawing from all of their classes for the current semester and/or plan on not returning to the University after the current semester has ended, should complete the University Exit Form.

If the withdrawal is for the current semester and is related to a medical issue, death in the family, or other exceptional circumstance, students should refer to the Exceptional Circumstance Withdrawal (ECW) process.

Students looking to withdraw from some of the current semester’s courses would not complete the University Exit Form. Students should log into myfau.fau.edu, then FAU Self-Service. Click on Registration and then withdraw from the specific course.

Students on Federal Financial Aid should contact the Financial Aid Office prior to withdrawing to discuss the implications.