FAU’s Direct Deposit Policy
Florida Atlantic University, under section 1010.11 of the Florida Statutes, requires all employees to receive their salary and other payments via direct deposit. Payslips are housed in Workday. To access your Workday payslips:
- Log into your Workday account
- In the upper right-hand corner, click your name. A box will appear with your name in it. Directly beneath your name, click View Profile.
- Click on the Pay tab
- Then click Payslips
Student Employment Tax Guidelines
Student employees who work 32 hours or more for 5 or more weeks must have FICA (Social Security and Medicare) taxes withheld from their earnings. During the summer term, any student employee not registered half time for the summer term will have FICA deducted from their earnings regardless of the amount of hours they are working per week. Any student not registered half-time in the fall or spring terms is not eligible for Student Employment. Exceptions can be made for those student employees who are in their graduating semester.
Student employees will be FICA Exempt if:
- They are enrolled in at least a half-time status at FAU and they are regularly attending classes.
- Students must be “scheduled” to work less than 32 hours per week
Several components determine an individual’s particular taxation such as the way the W-4 form is completed, citizenship status, age, student enrollment status, and multiple employment that results in a dual compensation situation. In the State of Florida, there are 3 taxes that must be addressed during employment
- Social Security (6.2% of gross taxable wages up to $113,700 in 2013)
- Medicare (1.45% of gross taxable wages)
- Federal Withholding Tax (see IRS Publication 25, Employer’s Tax Guide)
Time Entry Instructions (For Hourly Students only)
For instructions on how to check your time in and out in Workday, please click
FAU’s pay schedule is made up of 26 pay periods. Employees, including student employees, are paid on a bi-weekly basis following the pay period in which work was performed. To view the payroll schedule, click here .