Studying for the State of Florida Contractor Exam
FAU will be rolling out online Contractor's Exam Preparation courses starting Fall 2021. Don't let that pile of books intimidate you! You will learn how to use those books in the exam to find answers quickly to complete the exams within the allotted time.
We make the following commitments to you.
- Our online class is teacher assisted and you can work through the material at your own pace!
- Our online classes are presented by instructors with years of experience in preparing people like you to take and pass the Florida Contractor Exams the first time.
- If you fail any part of the exam, you will be welcomed back to take the class again at no additional tuition cost.
We have developed practice questions that cover all the critical areas to show you how to look up the answers in the books. You will learn the rules for placing tabs and highlighting text to facilitate your search for answers.
The Contractor's Exam is open book. Exam books are REQUIRED and available through FAU Bookstore.
Two courses make up our contractor's exam preparation course of study.
Business Administration & Financial Management
Exam Preparation for Part 1
This course is for all of the trades. It will review basic information covered in the Business Administration and Financial Management sections Contractor's exam, with emphasis on how to find information in the reference books and a practice quiz and review for each section.
Choose Your Trade
Exam Preparation for Part 2
- Air Conditioning: Class A & B
- Pools and Spas: Commercial, Residential, & Pool/Spa Service
- General, Building, & Residential Contractor
Course material covers information on the exam section of your choice.
The Construction Master Pro Calculator, Model 4065 v.3.1 is required for the Trade Exam Preparation.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on class and enrollment details.