I am a Non-U.S Citizen. Do I qualify as a Florida Resident for Tuition Purposes?

Non-US citizens such as permanent resident aliens, parolees, asylees, and other legal aliens granted indefinite stay who have applied and been approved by the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, and non-immigrants holding eligible visas may be considered as Florida residents for tuition purposes, provided they meet the 12 month Florida residency requirements.

Eligible Immigration Documentation and Visa Categories:

  • Permanent Resident Card.
  • Alien Registration Receipt Card I-551.
  • Passport stamped "Processed for I-551 Temporary Evidence of Law for Permanent Residence" with date.
  • Notice  of Action Letter  I-797  stating approved for permanent residency.
  • Employment Authorization Card with valid category A1-A09, C09, C24 or C25.
  • Parolee I-94 Arrival/Departure Record stamped  "Paroled pursuant to [Provision of Law & Date]
  • Asylee I-94  Arrival /Departure Record stamped "Asylum Status Granted"
  • Asylum Office Letter stating request for asylum has been granted
  • Order of an Immigration Judge stating application for asylum has been granted.
  • Refugee I-94 Arrival/Departure Record stamped "Admitted as a Refugee pursuant to Section 207 of the Act"
  • Passport stamped " Admitted as Refugee pursuant to Section 207 of the Act"
  • Eligible Visa  categories: A, E, G, H-1B, H-1C ( classification expires 12-2-2011), I, K, L, N, NATO 1-7, O-1, R, S, T, U and V.
 Last Modified 12/21/17