Date: July 18, 2015
The Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal that is published annually. Deadline Extended for submission to May 29, 2015. For more information on specific requirements for submission, click here.
The Peer Mentor Program is designed to help guide undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing research and inquiry. Peer Mentors will be representatives of all disciplines, colleges and partner campuses, and serve as ambassadors for the Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry. Questions? email email@example.com Click here to apply!
Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ)
The Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal that is published annually. The FAURJ is published online and in print. Its missions are to showcase high quality undergraduate research in all fields, supply younger students with an idea of the standard of research, and promote inquiry-based activities at FAU. The journal can be viewed on the nationally recognized, Council on Undergraduate Research website.
Each Spring FAURJ accepts manuscript submissions for the newest volume. The extended deadline for submission is Monday, May 29, 2015. The newest volume of the FAURJ is published each year in March prior to the annual Undergraduate Research Symposium.
To be eligible for publication, research must be done by an undergraduate student or students at FAU. The research must be mentored by an FAU faculty member. Two or more FAU undergraduate students may co-author a single manuscript submission.
A complete Manuscript Submission includes the following:
- Cover letter ( Cover Letter Guidelines )
- Short author biography (50-150 words)
- Abstract (150 words)
- Manuscript (1500-4000 words)
- Faculty Research Advisor Release Form
- Student Release Form
- .Doc format (Microsoft Word)
- Body: 12-point, Times New Roman
- References: 10-point, Times New Roman
- 1-inch margins, double spaced
- Include page numbers
- Conform to documentation format appropriate to student's discipline (APA, IEEE, MLA, CBE, etc.)
- Include publication-ready figures and tables throughout the manuscript
- Cover Letter (submit in .doc format titled "CoverLetter_yourname")
- Short bio (submit in .doc format titled "Shortbio_yourname")
- Manuscript (submit in .doc format titled "Manuscript_yourname")
- Abstract (submit in .doc format titled "Abstract_yourname")
- Faculty Research Advisor Release Form (submit in .pdf format titled "AdvisorRelease_yourname")
- Student Release Form (submit in .pdf format titled "StudentRelease_yourname")
All written manuscripts will be submitted through SafeAssign as part of the peer-review process. Each manuscript will be reviewed anonymously by 1-2 qualified undergraduate and/or graduate student peer-reviewers and one faculty reviewer. After each manuscript is reviewed, the author(s) will receive email confirmation of whether the manuscript was accepted. Accepted manuscripts will be returned to the author(s) with comments/edits via track changes. The author(s) will be expected to make revisions in a timely manner and return the revised manuscript to FAURJ editors for layout design.
Writing GuidelinesAlthough manuscript formats vary by discipline, the following links may aid students in writing papers for publication in the URJ at FAU or elsewhere. Please consult with your faculty adviser for guidance.
All questions can be directed to the FAURJ committee via, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adapted from UCF, UF-JUR, FSURJ, and UCLA-USJ websites.