Primary Sources: Using Government Documents
Event: October 14th, 2015 at 12:00 p.m.
CSI General Body Meeting
Event: October 14th, 2015 from 6-8 p.m.
Call for Proposals: Faculty Curriculum Grants!-Deadline Extended
Deadline: October 15th, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
Deadline: Thursday, October 15, 2015
Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ)
The Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal that is published annually. The FAURJ is published online and in print by OURI's student club, the Council for Scholarship and Inquiry (C.S.I.). Its missions are to showcase high quality undergraduate research in all fields, supply younger students with an idea of the standard of research, and promote inquiry-based activities at FAU. The journal can be viewed on the nationally recognized, Council on Undergraduate Research website.
Each Spring FAURJ accepts manuscript submissions for the newest volume. The extended deadline for submission is Monday, May 29, 2015. The newest volume of the FAURJ is published each year in March prior to the annual Undergraduate Research Symposium.
To be eligible for publication, research must be done by an undergraduate student or students at FAU. The research must be mentored by an FAU faculty member. Two or more FAU undergraduate students may co-author a single manuscript submission.
A complete Manuscript Submission includes the following:
- Cover letter ( Cover Letter Guidelines ) For the guidelines the Z number needs to be included in the Cover Letter Guidelines.
- Short biography for each author (50-150 words)
- Abstract (150 words)
- Manuscript (1500-4000 words)
- Works Cited (No limit but separate from the Manuscript Word Count)
- Note: All value ranges for the Author Biography, Abstract, Manuscript and Works Cited are not suggested maximums. To ensure that we can print your entire research project we have limited the word count. Please edit your documents accordingly.
- Faculty Research Advisor Release Form (Use this version only)
- Student Release Form (Use this version only)
- .Doc format (Microsoft Word)
- Body: 12-point, Times New Roman
- References: 10-point, Times New Roman
- 1-inch margins, double spaced
- Include page numbers
- Conform to documentation format appropriate to student's discipline (APA, IEEE, MLA, CBE, etc.)
- Include publication-ready figures and tables throughout the manuscript
- Cover Letter (submit in .doc format titled "CoverLetter_yourname")
- Short bio (submit in .doc format titled "Shortbio_yourname")
- Manuscript (submit in .doc format titled "Manuscript_yourname")
- Abstract (submit in .doc format titled "Abstract_yourname")
- Faculty Research Advisor Release Form (submit in .pdf format titled "AdvisorRelease_yourname")
- Student Release Form (submit in .pdf format titled "StudentRelease_yourname")
All written manuscripts will be submitted through SafeAssign as part of the peer-review process. Each manuscript will be reviewed anonymously by 1-2 qualified undergraduate and/or graduate student peer-reviewers and one faculty reviewer. After each manuscript is reviewed, the author(s) will receive email confirmation of whether the manuscript was accepted. Accepted manuscripts will be returned to the author(s) with comments/edits via track changes. The author(s) will be expected to make revisions in a timely manner and return the revised manuscript to FAURJ editors for layout design.
Writing GuidelinesAlthough manuscript formats vary by discipline, the following links may aid students in writing papers for publication in the URJ at FAU or elsewhere. Please consult with your faculty adviser for guidance.
All questions can be directed to the FAURJ committee via, email@example.com.
Adapted from UCF, UF-JUR, FSURJ, and UCLA-USJ websites.