The Center for Learning And Student Success (CLASS) provides a variety of programs to help students engage, achieve and excel at FAU and prepare for a future of lifelong learning. Please click here to view our full mission statement, vision and values.
Learning Communities - Open to only first-year students, learning communities help students make a fast, smooth and easy transition to FAU.
Supplemental Instruction (SI) - SI is a series of FREE weekly peer-facilitated study sessions for students taking historically difficult courses.
Tutoring - Small group tutoring is available for a variety of undergraduate courses. Most of our FREE peer-led tutoring sessions are appointment-based and take place in the Center for Teaching And Learning.
eTutoring - In collaboration with the Center for eLearning, CLASS offers FREE eTutoring for students enrolled in some of FAU's most difficult online courses.
eSuccess - In an effort to foster online student success, our eSuccess services are designed to address the needs of both novice and seasoned online learners.
Jump Start Peer Coaches (JS PCs) co-teach the SLS 1411 course within the Jump Start program for incoming first-year students. Peer Coaches are trained to provide both individual and group mentoring and educational support to these students throughout their first fall semester.
• Are you a current FAU student with a minimum 3.0 GPA (undergraduate student with 55+ credits or graduate student)?
• Do you have a desire to help first-year students succeed?
• Do you want to receive training and support on effective group mentoring and facilitation strategies?
• Are you interested in co-leading a class of approximately 25 first-year students and building connections across FAU?
• Are you interested in coaching (1-on-1) those first-year students individually?
• Are you available this fall 2017 for mandatory training - Monday-Friday, August 14th-18th, a highly recommended Jump Start Peer Coach Orientation on June 24th AND on Tuesdays 4-5:50pm and Thursdays 4-5:50pm throughout the fall term?
• Are you available to CONTINUE as a peer coach in the spring 2018 semester?
Early action is recommended. Applications will be accepted and continually reviewed until all 25 positions have been filled. No applications will be accepted after June 13, 2017.