Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life and FAU Present “Be the Change,” an Evening with Abby Wambach, Glennon Doyle and Brittany Packnett
by Polly Burks | Friday, Feb 22, 2019
Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life, Barb Schmidt founder, and Florida Atlantic University present “Be the Change,” an evening of conversation and storytelling on how personal empowerment and self-care can lead to positive social change with Glennon Doyle, Abby Wambach, Brittany Packnett, Barb Schmidt, Michelle Maros and other surprise guest speakers. The event will take place on Friday, April 5 in the Kaye Auditorium on FAU’s Boca Raton campus, 777 Glades Road.
There will also be a Community Engagement Fair featuring local nonprofit organizations dedicated to wellness at 5:30 p.m. and the presentations will begin at 6:30 p.m. Early Bird General Seating tickets are $50 through Thursday, March 21, then $60; Priority Seating is $100. FAU student tickets are free if reserved by March 21.
All purchased tickets will receive a copy of Abby Wambach’s book “WOLFPACK.” Tickets are available at www.fauevents.com or by calling 561-297-6124.
For event sponsorship Meet-and-Greet opportunities, donations to sponsor student tickets, or additional information about these opportunities, contact Liz Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-350-6663.
The speakers for the event include:
• Abby Wambach, a two-time Olympic gold medalist who competed on the United States Women’s National Soccer Team. She is also a New York Times best-selling author who was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world in 2015. Her book “WOLFPACK” comes out in April.
• Glennon Doyle is the New York Times bestselling author of “Love Warrior,” an Oprah’s book club pick (2016) and the founder of Together Rising, a nonprofit that has raised close to 16 Million Dollars for women and families in crisis.
• Brittany Packnett is an educator, organizer, writer and speaker who serves as Teach For America’s Vice President of National Community Alliances and recently completed a fellowship at Harvard’s Institute of Politics.
• Barb Schmidt is a meditation teacher, co-founder of the nonprofit Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life, and author of the internationally best-selling book “The Practice: Simple Tools for Managing Stress, Finding Inner Peace & Uncovering Happiness.”
• Michelle Maros is a writer and speaker who leads workshops on mindfulness, meditation, and personal empowerment at Boca Raton Regional Hospital, FAU and is a co-founder of Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life.
The Wyndham Hotel in Boca Raton will offer a special rate for lecture attendees, which includes a complimentary shuttle to campus and nearby shopping. Reservations can be made by calling 1-888-404-6880; ask for the the “FAU Be the Change group code ‘04046745FA_002.’”