Solving Problems on Your Own
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Don’t hesitate to call University offices for help.
- Be prepared. Be informed. Gather your information and documentation ahead of time.
- Remember to be civil; rudeness and accusations rarely help any situation.
- Make sure that you are talking to the right person to answer your question, handle your issue, or make a decision.
- Read all information available to you concerning your issue. Search the University’s website using the search box in the upper right corner; often this will provide you with valuable information.The University makes a conscientious effort to inform the campus community of its deadlines and procedures. You are responsible for knowing University policy and University deadlines.
- Use the Academic calendar to know University deadlines.
- Before you sign contracts such as housing/meal contracts or before you agree to financial aid, read the fine print. Know what you are agreeing to, what your obligations are and when they are due.