Suzanne B. Weiner, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Building One, Room 208
Suzanne Weiner, M.D., has been an Assistant Professor of Integrated Medical Science since 2010 at Florida Atlantic University College of Medicine. Before this, she served in a similar capacity to the Regional Campus of the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University. She is the co-director of the Year 4 Clerkships and is actively involved in teaching and advising students in all four years of the curriculum. Prior to this, Dr. Weiner practiced internal medicine in Boca Raton for many years. In addition, she has worked with the Department of Health in Palm Beach County. She is a board certified member of the American Board of Internal Medicine and a member of the American College of Physicians.
- 1980-1984: B.A., (Cum Laude), Biological Basis of Behavior, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- 1984-1988: M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- 1988-1991: Intern and Resident, New York Hospital-Cornell University Medical Center, Internal Medicine, New York, NY
- American Board of Internal Medicine, certification 1991, recertification 2001, 2012
- 2010-Present: Assistant Professor of Integrated Medical Science, Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University, Dept. of Integrated Medical Science, Boca Raton, Florida
- 2008-2010: Voluntary Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- 2003-2006: Internist, Palm Beach County Health Department, Senior Physician, Medical Clinic
- 1994-2002: Internist, private group practice, Boca Raton, FL, Attending Physician at Boca Raton Community Hospital and Delray Medical Center
Poster session at AAMC SGEA conference: Henson, L., Eisenberg, E., Luck, G., Ouslander, J. Weiner, S., A Novel Task-Based Learning Portfolio: Developing Medical Students’ Reflective Practice Ability by Integrating Across Competencies, 2014 Annual SGEA Conference, March 2014, Miami, FL
- 1991-present: Diplomat, American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1991-present: Member, American College of Physicians
- 2014: Outstanding IQ Facilitator Award, FAU Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
- 2013, 2014: Volunteer Physician, FAU Schmidt College of Medicine Health Fairs,
- 2008-2010: Volunteer Physician, Caridad Clinic, Boynton Beach, FL
- 2008-2010: Volunteer Physician, DOCS Health Fairs
Medical Education Interests
Year 4 Curriculum Development and Assessment, Learning Communities and Mentoring of medical students.